Page 1 of 1

Maximum voltage ?

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:57 pm
by Bandit
Hello there!
Could you tell me the maximum voltage for the little HGLW motor ?
Thanks for your help.

Re: Maximum voltage ?

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:25 pm
by dhippey
The motors we supply are rated at 3v DC
However they will operate on 1.5v and up to 6v, but you risk damaging them over time.

The max I would suggest if you are wanting to r/c the loco is 4.5v

Finally, just in case you do damage the motor I stock replacements of course

Regards,
David H.
www.hglw.co.uk

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:27 pm
by Bandit
Thanks David.

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:34 pm
by jay1976
maplins sell 6 and 12volt motors the same.. I just put a resistor from the speed controller so I dont accidently over volt the motor.. or just set max speed with controller..

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:29 pm
by MDLR
The Rat has a 3 volt motor running on 4.5 volts - goes OK......................