Page 1 of 1
Where to buy Butane?
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:05 pm
by krusty
Sorry to ask this but I'm really struggling to find a stockist.
I need it to fill a soldering iron and a lighter.
The only ones I can find are mail order, ideally I need it sooner.
Krusty
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:11 pm
by tom_tom_go
Screwfix and Wickes do it instore.
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:32 pm
by krusty
Cheers Tom, The wickes ones look like a screw fitting I need the push in filler thingy, not sure what it's called.
I looked on the Screwfix site, all my local stores are currently out of stock.
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:42 pm
by jay1976
If you mean lighter gas then newsagets,B&Q, and loads of £1 shops sell it for surprisingly a £1
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:23 am
by dhippey
krusty:87276 wrote:Cheers Tom, The wickes ones look like a screw fitting I need the push in filler thingy, not sure what it's called.
I looked on the Screwfix site, all my local stores are currently out of stock.
You just talking little push on Ronson filler?
If so any corner store will sell you lighter gas refills.
I'll post a pic if you are not sure of the type of thing
Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:14 pm
by krusty
Thanks guys, I popped into the local newsagents and they had some on the shelf. It was a lot cheaper than the online stuff as well, which is nice.
Now it's time to practice soldering some brass with it!
Krusty