Loddon Valley Railway

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
Catweasel
Fireman
Fireman

Loddon Valley Railway

Post by Catweasel » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:51 am

Planning stages at the moment. A portable layout, 6x3 feet, on 2 boards. I'm looking at the new system by Atropos, but may take it further by using Code 124 F/B rail from Marcway. All loco's will be battery, maybe using r/c. The track plan will be an oval with 3 points, possibly as a heritage line in a disused brick works. No big loco's will feature and all stock will be four wheelers. I'll use metal wheels where possible with gaps cut in the track to give a good "clack" when running. I'm off now to get the ply for the boards.
Lead me not into temptation,for I can find my own way.

Catweasel
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Catweasel » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:27 pm

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a48/Ca ... 5b8c74.gif

The track plan I like is a 0.16.5 layout called Avalon. Designed for 3 ft. x 14", I reckon that 6 ft. x 3 ft. will do it in our scale. Obviously the curves will be tight, but that's half the fun. Following on from Dominic, I hope have a framed style of presentation.
Lead me not into temptation,for I can find my own way.

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:27 pm

I LIKE that - you're a man after my own heart! I saw the Atropos track system at Telford.................

Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html