Page 1 of 1

Chuffed 2 bits sound + radio speed controller

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:40 pm
by JMORG
Hi all :)
I'm just wondering how to wire up the Mtronics speed controller with the sound card.
Does anybody have a diagram to show how they wire up?
Thanks!

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:45 pm
by Big Al
Their are wiring diagrams and instructions on Chuffed2bits and the Mtronics web sites. The Mtronic shows a Tug boat diesel sound card same as loco one.

http://www.mtroniks.net/resources/digiS ... nual_4.jpg

http://www.chuffed2bits.com/ESC%20setup ... ctions.pdf

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:49 pm
by Big Al
You will also need one of these if you want to use engine start/stop and sound the horn. One switch does all this with a spare sprung radio set lever , left hand start/stop engine sound right hand sound horn.


http://www.mtroniks.net/details1.asp/Pr ... itcher.htm

http://www.mtroniks.net/resources/microswitcher.jpg

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:21 pm
by JMORG
Ah thank you for those! :)
How does the Speed controller connect to the sound card though?

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:09 pm
by Big Al
It doesn't,  fit and set up the speed controller, test it then fit the sound card and speaker  the blue and yellow wires on sound card go to +and-- on the motor this runs the sound at motor speed. The little switch I mentioned above will start the loco engine sound and stop it and also the horn. The two white wires from sound card screw into terminal block on the switch for left and right on radio set lever.  :lol: A word of caution the red and black wires on sound card should go to the on/off switch and not to the battery direct as I found out it drains the battery flat so needs to be of when switched off if that makes sense .

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:56 pm
by JMORG
Thank you for the help! :)
I'll have a look and spend an evening on it.
All the best!

Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:52 pm
by tom_tom_go
I would like to see a video of this sound card in action if possible? :)

Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:10 am
by Big Al
It's the chuffed2Bits one that I used Tom. Click on picture.

Image

All below supplied by Chuff2Bits.
Image

Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:16 am
by tom_tom_go
Hi Al,

I like the sound of this as it uses the boat module from Mtroniks which is a real 16-bit sample, however, do you find the sounds are not in sync with the engine movement?  I can't really tell from your video but the one on the Chuffed2bits site is really out of sync.

Yes I am picky but I am use to DCC OO gauge sound models :P