Page 1 of 1
Gas Leak
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:21 pm
by SapperAnt
Ive put a new superheater pipe in my Ragleth and in order to test if its all steam tight tried to steam it but the gas system has developed a leak.
How does one go about curing this? The unions are done up as tight as I can get them.... ma ybe put some packing in there?
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:24 pm
by LnBmad
Where specifically is the leak coming from?
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:31 pm
by SapperAnt
From the union which connects the copper pipe from the regulator to the burner. I thought the slight "hiss" was the usual burner noise but its not as it stopped when I put my finger against the union nut.
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:17 pm
by LnBmad
Not owning one I can't say exactly how I'd do it but it will need silver soldering to become airtight again. If you can get a photo I can tell ou ow I'd do it.
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:23 pm
by SapperAnt
Silver soldering? The union nut was just screwed on...I just unscrewed it.....
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:26 pm
by LnBmad
If its leaking from the nut then ptfe tpe should seal it.