History question: Yorkshire Buildings

A place for discussing garden railway scenery, such as buildings, trees, etc....
MVL Bridges
Cleaner
Cleaner

History question: Yorkshire Buildings

Post by MVL Bridges » Wed May 01, 2013 5:38 pm

Click to see full size image

Click to see full size image

I am wondering if someone may be able to help regarding the origin of several buildings I have just purchased. I bought them as a job lot consisting of engine sheds, goods sheds, stations, huts, etc. including these two with names: Hebden Bridge and Cragg Mount. They have come from the Halifax area. All I know is they have been in storage for some time not having been used by the current owner. I am more interested in any information on the person who constructed the buildings and who I know is no longer with us. I suspect it was someone who was active in the early days of 16mm. It would be good to know where the buildings originated from and if there are any photos of them in their early days.
Any information would be much appreciated

Michael Leckenby

Sir haydn
Driver
Driver

Post by Sir haydn » Wed May 01, 2013 6:03 pm

These buildings are from the Dixon Green buildings range, all where of jigstone construction. The gent who oned the company is sadly no ponger with us. Calvin Green and his railway, 'the dixon green light railway' based in yorkshire where very well known in railway circles. He originally was a 00 scale man and was one of the early members of the elizibethan railway society before moving up the scales to 16mm. His locos where all but one in the roundhouse standard green colour and carry names with 'green' in them.

MVL Bridges
Cleaner
Cleaner

re Yorkshire Buildings

Post by MVL Bridges » Thu May 02, 2013 8:35 am

Many thanks for that very useful information. It's good to know there is a little history behind the buildings I have acquired. They will be restored gradually and installed on the New Herrington Light Railway.
Thanks again.

Michael