Barn Drawings

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
JMORG
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Barn Drawings

Post by JMORG » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:09 am

I recently tried looking for "Modern Ffestiniog", a book of 7mm drawings, and apparently it isn't printed anymore :(
Does anyone have any drawings of the Bard Carriages (100-107)?
For those that do not know, the Barns are the original, wooden bodied corridor stock!

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:38 pm

Having built a model of a barn myself (based on 106/107 and overscale to make it look right against the rest of my FfR stock) and also having seen the book your best bet probably is to go to the FfR with a tape measure really, the drawing in the book wasn't that great and also I think it's for either 105 or 106 in about 1985, and both have since been rebuilt. Also, Boston Lodge carriage works are a bit notorious for not making drawings, I don't think any exist for anything built after number 102 which was finished in 2005
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Warning, Small scale content:-

Here's an idea, how about contacting Rob Waller of Bron Hebog and Ddaultt fame (Both 009)? He seems to have drawings and loads of material with regards to modern FR coaches. I've had a few coaches made by him of the modern coaches (100, 102, 124 etc in 009/4mm to the foot) and they're all great representations of the prototypes.

Maybe he can at least point you in the right direction for drawings of the Barns in their present condition.

Jon R
Bowaters Models:- http://www.bowatersmodels.co.uk

Current Projects:-
Rebuilding the Railway!
Turning a Second hand 'Superior' into Bowaters 'Superior'