Busted Bricks is open for business

Announcements on new models and reviews should be posted here
Busted Bricks
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Busted Bricks is open for business

Post by Busted Bricks » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:59 pm

The shop is now ready to take orders. The amount of products is still fairly low but will increase week by week as more stock arrives. The laser cutter is up and running so once wheels arrive the first rolling stock and loco will be available.

Comments/ideas always welcome :D

http://www.bustedbricks.com

Michael

Driver
Driver

Post by 90733 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:26 pm

Looks like some useful bits, I look forward to the loco and stock range expanding :)
Thanks
Jack

Sir Clothem Cap
Driver
Driver

Post by Sir Clothem Cap » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:20 am

Congratulations on starting up. Can I order the long delayed o4o diesel you designed?

Busted Bricks
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Busted Bricks » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:43 am

Sir Clothem Cap:73413 wrote:Congratulations on starting up. Can I order the long delayed o4o diesel you designed?
I'm re-designing it to make it easier to build. Still missing wheels but they should leave the manufacturer today :D

benchmark
Fireman
Fireman

Post by benchmark » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:25 pm

In support of your new webshop , i will wait with my order of 32mm wheels that i need and order them from you instead  ;)

I hope you have also explored the different options for postage within the EU. Postal charges are grossly underrated by many online sellers and can make the difference in customers placing an order from you or not.

For example , i ordered 3 wagons from one dealer who wanted £30 to send them.  I could not understand why this was the case when a whole loco from Simonwhenmouth cost only £20 to send in a heavy box 4 times the size of the pack the wagons came in and 5 times the weight . Both with insurance and tracking number.

Just to illustrate that the postal services can have significant differences in price for the same service unless one does good ground research.

Needless to say i never ordered anything from that webshop again.

Busted Bricks
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Busted Bricks » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:37 pm

At the moment I only have Royal Mail rates but I am looking into other options. It is quite a challenge to have the shop do the postage calculation if using different services. Generally shipping from the UK is expensive but there are courier services offering affordable rates to the European continent. Shipping to the US is very expensive though.

Just so you don't wait in vain in case they are not the size you need, the wheels I have coming are plain disc 26mm diameter with a 3mm bore.

benchmark
Fireman
Fireman

Post by benchmark » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:53 pm

parcel2go euro 48 seems to be the cheapest i have used on ebay.

Busted Bricks:73419 wrote:Just so you don't wait in vain in case they are not the size you need, the wheels I have coming are plain disc 26mm diameter with a 3mm bore.
That sound good if they are ready to use.

Will they be just wheels or will they also have an axle between both wheels like the ones sold by PPS steam, trackshack, andel and so on

Spule 4
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Spule 4 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:54 pm

benchmark:73418 wrote: For example , i ordered 3 wagons from one dealer who wanted £30 to send them.  I could not understand why this was the case when a whole loco from Simonwhenmouth cost only £20 to send in a heavy box 4 times the size of the pack the wagons came in and 5 times the weight . Both with insurance and tracking number.

Needless to say i never ordered anything from that webshop again.
Part of the reason for cheaper post from Simon than some others for me was he used UPS. I got my box with a global tracking number in under two days, whereas the postal service is a week and a few days.

I know the pinch, I am wishing to order something from the UK that would fit in a 35mm film canister (remember those?) but the seller's shipping (based on cost, nothing else) is more than what another company charged for sending me a 16mm goods van and several other bits?
Garrett

"Some say that Mamods have problems.  Whatever. I view them as opportunities for improvement."

Busted Bricks
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Busted Bricks » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:24 pm

benchmark:73421 wrote: Will they be just wheels or will they also have an axle between both wheels like the ones sold by PPS steam, trackshack, andel and so on
I supply both wheels and axles but not not wheels ready fitted on axles. This way customers can choose their own axle length to suit the model they are building. Wheels should be retained with Loctite or similar.

I hope business picks up when I have more products in stock. Over 1000 page views on the first day but not a single order.

anythingsdr
Fireman
Fireman

Post by anythingsdr » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:26 pm

It'll Come! just wait till payday!
Alistair Parsons,
Apprentice Multi Skilled Technician

Busted Bricks
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Busted Bricks » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:51 pm

I hope! Just got the tracking info on the wheels - should arrive on the 8th.

Still trying to get a workshop sorted out. Can't afford a unit so it will have to be a container at a farm.