The Gopher Mining Company

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
Dwayne
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Dwayne » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:52 pm

Keith S:77038 wrote:The switch stand may prove to be a little too large for the switch, unless you can gear it down somewhat.
No doubt. :lol:

Dwayne
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Dwayne » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:40 am

It's been awhile since I've had any free time to spend on my humble hobby. Work and too much of life keeps getting in the way of play time.

Anyways, I found myself with a day off today thanks to issues caused by last Friday's tornado. I decided it was time to install the radio control components into my Bachmann Davenport. The task was relatively simple. Pulled out everything electrical that was factory installed except the motor. Installed a Losi ESC and 7.4v LiPo battery. After about a hour I did the first test run and shot a bit of video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hb6bdbCmw4

Dwayne
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Dwayne » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:46 pm

Was poking around a vendor I have ordered from in the past and found this Bachmann Li'l Hauler. Having been a longtime fan of Bell geared locomotives it struck me as a good starting point for a bash.

At $48USD + $10 priority shipping, I ordered one. Plan is to bash it a bit to turn it into something like this...

or this...

or even this...

Shipped within an hour of placing the order and should be at my doorstep by the time I get back to OKC next week sometime. :)