Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:51 am

Any news? :dontknow:

Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:52 pm

He's arrived safe and sound at the P and D LR, just without a head apparently! Updates from Jack soon I hope!
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

Driver
Driver

Post by 90733 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:00 pm

Mr. Bond of the DVLR:75930 wrote:He's arrived safe and sound at the P and D LR, just without a head apparently! Updates from Jack soon I hope!
Yep, sorry about me been slow, Mr. Isle has recorved nicely though!
Thanks
Jack

DLRdan
Driver
Driver

Post by DLRdan » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:30 pm

Is it my imagination, or is this a recouring condition ?
Dan,

James: "Dan, can you use your hearing and tell me if that trains coming ?"
DLR
www.freewebs.com/dlrail

Sir Clothem Cap
Driver
Driver

Post by Sir Clothem Cap » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:26 am

Maybe Mr isle could do with an assistant to do some of his inspections

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:49 am

A little more commitment from those quick to participate would have helped :roll:
Who cares about apathy? - I'm out :?

Victor Isle
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Victor Isle » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:48 am

When arriving at the P&DLR I knew it was undercostruction, but wasn't expecting this!
A very tempory setup. The track isn't fastened down, how unsafe! The manager (who is very lazy by the way!) said this short tempory railway is down to help raise funds to complete the railway.
Putting the track floating aside, a set off with a little inspection.
First off I inspected the coaching stock on the train. It was in ok condition construction wise, but my god didn't it need a clean! On top of this I noticed animals on board, including a stray cat, how unclean.
I reccommend adding safety chains to the entrance ways or adding little doors, got to remember safety.
Next the loco on the train at the time. An War Department simplex. Nicely turned out, but the decimals it created I'm suprised the locals haven't complained. It also looks a bit like a dalek on rails.....
I also follwed to inspect a station building on site, and the less I say about it the better really...
I then boarded the train for the short ride, I classed this coach as silly, the railway manager couldn't understand why!
At the other end of the line I wasn't impressed. The drop at the end of the line was huge, and clearly no proper safety involved, what will that piece slate to, I told the railway to stop running imediatley!
On top of this the trackwork was literally floating, at this point I simply left, but have now heard some proper trackwork has now been laid, so I will return to inspect this weekend before leaving this dreadful line!

Victor Isle
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Victor Isle » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:52 am

The next day I was taken to view some laser cutting:
It was impressive, but its more common than the railway manager thinks I belive...

hussra
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by hussra » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:23 pm

Victor Isle:76245 wrote:A very tempory setup. The track isn't fastened down, how unsafe! The manager (who is very lazy by the way!) said this short tempory railway is down to help raise funds to complete the railway.
Sir,

With respect, how can you allow this railway to operate at all in such a state? Surely a prohibition notice is required, at least until the track is held down in some manner and a proper buffer stop has been provided?
Richard Huss
in sunny Solihull

Sir Clothem Cap
Driver
Driver

Post by Sir Clothem Cap » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:04 pm

I agree a laser cut buffer stop should allow conditional running.

DolwyddelanLightRail
Driver
Driver

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:14 pm

I dread to think what he'll make of the D&FGR's trackwork then :shock:

Victor Isle
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Victor Isle » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:28 pm

Indeed I did make them shut the railway imeadiatley! I wasn't having any of it.
While visitng the P&DLR I have also visted the Moss Bank Railway.
First impressions were quite good, but there was some very step gradients, epsecially on the down grades, which didn't impress me much.
I inspected a carriage from the Thornyhold Light Railway first, a railway in the same group as the P&DLR. I had seen a similar coach at the P&DLR but I much preffered this one, a much more sensible colour.
They was also this Bug Box, which I quite liked, but it was a very rough ride, a certainly let the TLR managers know!
I then took my place in the locos cab, the TLRs Criccieth Castle named 'Graham'. Very smartly kept (unlie the P&DLRs stock!) and I have to admit I quite liked it.
After a ride, I mean inspection, in Grahams cab, I found the trackwork if very good order so risked myself in this 'project' from the P&DLR, appertly it is now destined to leave in the future. I don't blame them, its bright yellow!
Half way round I didn't feel safe in that 'yellow thing', so swopped to my favourite loco of the day, Graham. However...
On setting of this happened, it wasn't the first time that day either, I will have to pull that up:
To finish my day at Moss Bank I 'cabbed' this Regner Lumber Jack, I must say, I quite like it....

hussra
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by hussra » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Sir,

It looks as though you have been busy once more - and having a little fun into the bargain. Where to next?

Your obedient servant,

R.A. Huss
Richard Huss
in sunny Solihull

Mrs F Controller
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Mrs F Controller » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:54 pm

I assume Mr Isles will be home for Christmas? :santa:

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:16 am

Mrs F Controller:77360 wrote:I assume Mr Isles will be home for Christmas?  :santa:
:laughing3:

Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:38 am

He should be on the CVLR now. Not sure if he's got there yet or not. I'll be glad not to have him prowling around at Christmas!
(to build)

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:14 pm

One thing I have noticed is Mr Victor Isle is either very tall or a lot of the railway stock he has visited is out of scale.

How tall is Victor in real and 16mm scale?

Chris Cairns.

Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:20 pm

Can't remember, I think he was 6ft without his hat on. so 96mm tall plus hat (if my memory serves me rightly). Quite often you will find that alot of rolling stock is made smaller or it is that in real life a 6ft person might have to duck under doorways. Take a look at your stock with a piece of strip wood 96mm high and see how many pieces of your stock would actually accommodate a 6ft person!

All my people are a bit over scale and cartoon ish but then my railway is underscale by a massive factor in terms of length so I count the small overscaleness of the people to be negligable.
(to build)

Mrs F Controller
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Mrs F Controller » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:19 pm

I always thought he looked rather short myself!

IrishPeter
Driver
Driver

Post by IrishPeter » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:48 am

Well bang goes my theory that he is what might be  picturesquely be referred to as a short-arsed git with a Napoleon complex*.  However, Mr V Isle would be able to clear the doors on the Cromarty Light Railway - my garden line in its Calthropian incarnation - as his designs for stock were only little smaller than SG.

* With no personal animus towards any short-arsed gits with Napoleon complexes who might be denizens of this board :D

Peter in AZ
Traffic Pattern? What pattern? Spuds out; grain in, but cattle, sheep and passengers are a lot less predictable.