Corris Railway Bogie Coaches

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
TrevorT
New User
New User

Corris Railway Bogie Coaches

Post by TrevorT » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:48 pm

I am confused by the correct colour to paint a scratch built Corris coach. The replica on the Tallyllyn seems to be chocolate brown, and the Bernard Rockett book says "dark Maroon".

The model is of one of the coaches created from placing the 4 wheel bodies onto a Falcon underframe, so I want an paint colour appropriate for 1885 to 1895.

Does anyone sell appropriate paint for such a model, or what do I mix with whay to make it up?

Sir haydn
Driver
Driver

Post by Sir haydn » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:25 pm

The second edition of the bernard rockett book has be rervised. It is thought that as soon as the coaches were placed on the bogie underframes they went brown. The first one to be converted may have run for a short while in the indian red and cream but there is no evidence to support the myth.

TrevorT
New User
New User

Post by TrevorT » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:44 am

Thank you for your swift reply.

Now I can apply a "final coat" to correct the error. Probably got completely the wrong colour anyway.[/img]

RGCorris
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by RGCorris » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:07 pm

Talyllyn carriage 17 is not a replica of a Corris carriage - it is a rebuild of an 1898 original.

The four-wheelers as delivered in 1878 were in cream and (probably) maroon but the bogie carriages seem to have been in the lined chocolate livery from the first, and the four-wheelers were repainted to match before they were converted.

Carriage 21, the new-build running on the Corris Railway, is painted and lined out in as near to the 1890s livery as can be achieved.

Richard

TrevorT
New User
New User

Post by TrevorT » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:49 pm

Sorry

That was careless of me, I am aware that the one on the Talillyn is a rebuild of an original and that the Corris one is the replica.

Both replies have been very helpful. I now feel confident to continue with the paining!

trevor

JMORG
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by JMORG » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:32 am

I think Trevor should post some pics of his carriage when finished. ;)
All the best.

TrevorT
New User
New User

Post by TrevorT » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:03 pm

I would have added photos to the original posting - but I havnt worked out how to do it. Can someone guide me to the instructions for adding photos to posts please?

Trevor

invicta280
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by invicta280 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:33 pm

Hi Trevor
The usual way is to use a photo hosting/publishing site such as photobucket.
Open a free account with them.Then you can load pics from your computer onto the site and then post a link to them from the forum.

I use photobucket but i believe flikr is another suitable hosting site.
There are plenty of people on this forum who will help you if you get stuck.