The Stolen Planet & Journey's End

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
riveresk
Fireman
Fireman

The Stolen Planet & Journey's End

Post by riveresk » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:18 pm

To avoid spoiling our members outside the UK I thought that all discussion and/or speculation regarding the last two episodes could go here.

I've just seen the preview clip on BBC's Dr Who website and it LOOKS BLOODY FANTASTIC. Ahem, yep, very good and sent shivers down my spine. I loved the way that it showed the reactions of Torchwood, Sarah Jane Smith, Martha and Rose to the exclamations of EXTERMINATE! coming through the speakers. Go and watch it NOW!
'Oliver's no use at all, thinks he's very clever. Says that he can manage us, that's the best joke ever. When he orders us about, with the greatest folly. We just push him down the well. Pop goes old Olly!'

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:34 pm

I've seen it.

I'M MORTIFIED!!
Garden Railways-best hobby in the world.

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:42 pm

I've just been on youtube, and I've found this clip from blue peter from the final episode.  In it, Sarah Jane and her son Luke, along with thousands of others, have been caputured. Here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM_-do5blF8

Oh yeah, and remember the master refering to the daleks sezing the cruciform.  Well this clip revels what it is.

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:09 pm

According to wikipedia, which is a very accurate website, the daleks have transported earth out of it's solar system (hence the reason why the episodes called the stolen earth) along with 26 other planets (these are the planets that were reported missing in the first two episodes of the series), and transported to a point far outside our galexy, allowing the daleks to invade unaposed.

riveresk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by riveresk » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:11 pm

Aaah, Daleks taking a leaf out of the Tracators (sp?) book then. (Frontios). Where's Turlough when you need him?
'Oliver's no use at all, thinks he's very clever. Says that he can manage us, that's the best joke ever. When he orders us about, with the greatest folly. We just push him down the well. Pop goes old Olly!'

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:20 pm

Is that another science fiction series then?

Looking at all this info, I'm begining to wounder if these daleks are survivours of the time war, as they seem to be enough of them to invade 26 planets with each invasion force at least a million strong, and I don't think either davros or Dalek Caan could make that many daleks without getting noticed.

Then again, the emperor dalek got away with it for over 100 years, and those new saurcers look slightly more advanced than the time war saurces seen in the parting of the ways.

riveresk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by riveresk » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:39 pm

Nope still Doctor Who. Turlough was a fifth Doctor companion who was hired by the Black Guardian in the episode Mawdryn Undead, to kill the Doctor. He never quite suceeded and was finally able to escape his contract in the episode 'Enlightenment' and stayed with the Doctor until Peter Davison's penultimate episode 'Planet of Fire' where Peri took over. He also happens to be my favourite classic companion.

The Tracators were a huge cockroach like species that used to invade planets by finding one, digging underground and using their enormous gravitational powers to enable them to 'pilot' that planet around the Universe till they found another planet to invade and do the same thing. They could pull people through the earth from the surface down to their tunnels and use the bodies to power their digging machines. They were encountered in the episode Frontios.

Yes, I look forwards to finding out where the Daleks are from. Never mind upgrading for the Cybermen, it seems that Dalek conversion is more prolific. Plus the Daleks are more sneaky with it.

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:53 pm

Are you refering to the daleks using satalite 5 to kidnap people?

riveresk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by riveresk » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:20 pm

Yeah, and Davros's scheme in Revelation of the Daleks involving using human bodies as food for the rest of the Universe as a cover for turning them into Daleks. And then hiding in a void ship and nicking a Time Lord prison ship.

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:23 pm

I've just found another clip on youtube. It shows the daleks begining their invasion of New York, and also shows some cool dalek space fighters. At the end of the clip, the supreme dalek declares the daleks are masters of earth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAn9b_Gbl9k

Enjoy.

riveresk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by riveresk » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:01 pm

THAT WAS BLEEDING AWESOME. What a fantastic episode. Everything worked and what a fantastic cliffhanger. It left me screaming in fustration. Torchwood. Sarah Jane and Rose. As well as Harriet and an insane Dalek Caan. Brilliant, bloody, blooming brilliant.

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:15 pm

'twas pretty good, it'll be interesting to see if the BBC lied to us about Tennent coming back for next year's specials.

MTA

Post by MTA » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:21 pm

Tennant has to be the best doctor in the recent series' of Doctor Who, it will be a shame if he leaves.

I suspect he has a way of coming back though...

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:38 pm

hmmmm could the specials be set before the Dalek invasion? although who would be the companion?
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:45 pm

One word, the hand!

I've been reading too much Doctor Who wiki www.tardis.wikia.com .

SLRmidge
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by SLRmidge » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:16 pm

I noticed that they highlighted the hand at the start of this episode but how can it save this present Doctor :?: :shock: :?:
Ian of the SLR(N)

riveresk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by riveresk » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:26 pm

That's why we've got to watch next week. I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!!!!!!!! And yet I realise that I must. Has anyone got a TARDIS that I can borrow. Mine's not big enough and it's missing an inside.

Heh, managed to calm down a bit since my impassioned reaction later. All the Ianto bits were hillarious, especially Paul O'Grady. How cool was the four way split screen? And Harriet Jones. That was extremely sad. As well as Rose seeing that she wasn't expected on the link but getting it anyway. Gah, I just loved this epsiode full stop.

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:38 pm

I've just watched the episode, and it's great! I like the new dalek caan, and the supreme dalek. The only thing I don't like is the fact that the episode dosn't explain how Davros went from being left in an escape pod above earth in 1963, to being part of the dalek high command in the time war.

riveresk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by riveresk » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:52 pm

I think to go into that in a new updated show is a bit much. Most classic references tend to be one liners that show that they're the same show but not graphic detail about something that most people (kiddies) will not have seen. I like to think that a Dalek cruiser picked him up and took him back to base. I liked the small power struggle going on between the Dalek Supreme and Davros. Davros was busy laughing at him and playing with his Dalek Soothsayer Caan.

As an aside, I thought that Julian Bleach was excellent. I also loved the bit with Wilf's Paintball gun. I bet that if he had met one of the Classic Daleks it would have worked. Sadly it was a post Time War Dalek and so 'Vision is NOT impaired' LOL.

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:42 pm

The bit when The Doctor meets Rose again is fantastic, it's so easy to amek scenes like that cheesy, but it has been portrayed perfectly.

The Dalek and the paintball was hillarious.