The Stolen Planet & Journey's End

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:48 am

Yeah, it was a great episode. I wonder if davros is keeping Caan alive becasue his mindless rambleings come true, or as a way of saying thank you for saving him.
Garden Railways-best hobby in the world.

riveresk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by riveresk » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:11 pm

I'm inclined to think the former.
'Oliver's no use at all, thinks he's very clever. Says that he can manage us, that's the best joke ever. When he orders us about, with the greatest folly. We just push him down the well. Pop goes old Olly!'

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:26 pm

I've just seen the trailer for journey's end, and I have too say, Davros has finally completly and totally lost it.  It seems that if he and his daleks can't conquor the universe, then they'll simply destroy it, along with all other universes (the darkness that Rose referred to in Turn Left).

Here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUOa_XxfopM.

enjoy.

riveresk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by riveresk » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:27 pm

I agree, even the Master baulked at causing reality to no longer exist as shown in Logopolis. I wonder if the rest of the Daleks know what Davros's plan is. Can a mutiny be incited?
'Oliver's no use at all, thinks he's very clever. Says that he can manage us, that's the best joke ever. When he orders us about, with the greatest folly. We just push him down the well. Pop goes old Olly!'

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:48 pm

My theory is that davros and the daleks plan to make an even larger dalek army from the population of earth, and using the planets as a drive system (the doctor said in the stolen earth that the planets fit together like an engine) to take themselves across the universe, killing and destroying as they go. Then when the doctor tells davros that his plan will destroy the universe, he decideds to do that (in genisis of the daleks, davros states that if he'd been given a vvirus that would kill everything including himself, he'd use it). When the daleks find out, they revolt against him.

My other theory is that the daleks aready know what will happen, and plan to detroy everything apart from the area of space they're in, so they'll forfill their ambition of ruling time and space. But then the doctor, or one of his compainions, gets the time beatle from turn left onto Dalek caans back, and cause to chose against rescuing davros. This would erase the history created by davros, save the universe, and return the doctor to his tenth incarnation.

Just some theories.

riveresk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by riveresk » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:49 pm

That was AMAZING. Wow, wow, wow. TWO Doctors! Insane Caan is actually sane and coniving. (What an irony as Caan condemned Sec for his newfound humanity). Rose got her man (sort of), Martha could be going off to Torchwood (as everyone in Livejournal predicted seemingly) as could Mickey. And Donna lost her memory; that is unfair but completely forseeable.  And Gwen is related to Gwyneth, the character that the actress Eve Myles (Gwen) played in The Unquiet Dead. Again, another thing that fanfiction has been touting for years.

AND THE HAND!!!!!!!!! YEY FOR THE HAND!!!!

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:59 pm

Wasn't it just! It'll be interesting to see how Rose appears in next year's specials, perhaps they are based in "Pete's World"?

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:27 pm

Yeah, it was great! I liked the way that last week's climax was resolved, and 'the final end'. I find the scenes when the daleks are out of control and being pushed about reminicent of the first ever dalek story. And K-9 was in it to!

The only thing that's wrong is that the 'reality bomb' isn't really a bomb.

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:37 pm

Matt wrote:The only thing that's wrong is that the 'reality bomb' isn't really a bomb.
:roll: :? Who cares?

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:56 pm

Well, there's me, and possibly a few hundred other complete dr who nutters who note down every last detail and then post their complaints on the dr who forums.

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:02 pm

I know. I live with one :twisted:
Seriously was a great episode, one of the best
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

riveresk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by riveresk » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:03 pm

Nah, I post mine on a garden railway forum, lol. Hmm, yeah the reality bomb seemed like more of a long distance gun to me. Although it could be equated to a torpedo, I suppose, and those are bomb like aren't they?

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:15 am

It destroys lots of things at once making it a bomb!

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:42 am

Nah, still isn't really a bomb.
One of my favorate parts of the episode is when Martha arrives in Germany, and comes across some daleks talking in German. That was rather funny in my opnion.

riveresk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by riveresk » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:43 pm

Oh yes, we all loved that bit in my house.

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:36 pm

Yeah, I wondor how the germans are going to react to that, as in the past they did a bit of 'extermineran'.

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:16 pm

And we didn't?? I takes two enemies to have a war :roll: .

MuzTrem
Driver
Driver

Post by MuzTrem » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:31 pm

The Daleks were originally inspired by the Nazis, though, so in a way it was rather appropriate...

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:06 pm

Well you have to say that the Nazis were the biggests-erm, I can't think of a word that insults them enough.  They killed millions of inercents purly of the basis that they weren't proper germans.  

We didn't do that with the forigners in Britain.  We just plonked them on the Ilse of Man for the war.
Last edited by Matt on Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:10 pm

Matt, did we not kill lots of people???