More Off Topic

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
ptlrcecil
Driver
Driver

More Off Topic

Post by ptlrcecil » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:17 pm

Matt wrote:I saved up enought money to buy a 'Lady Ann' with all the extras, but my parents won't let me have it, as they belive that I'll be wanting to buy a car in 2 years time.

However, one, I don't want a car, and 2, when my family move back to cumbria in a year's time, I'll probely be either staying on at this school (it's a boarding school) or going to Welbeck Military college near the Great Centeral Railway (wipee!). So I'l be living hundreds of miles away from my family, and the car.

So what't the point of having a car if you can't drive it?
Yey go to a military acadamy near a railway. Then get sent to Iraq. Great plan.
http://www.freewebs.com/pinetreelightrailway/index.

Cecil your engines on Fire!

Its a Mamod it does that.

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:53 pm

ptlrcecil, I'm not going into the army. I'm going into the navy as an engineer (basicly, I'll be looking after the ships engines). That way, I can sail round the world, and get paid for it, get to serve queen and country, I'm very patriotic, and a royalist, and I won't violate one of the ten commarndments.

The only drawback is that if the Iraq war is still going on when I get into the navy, I might get sent to the gulf, and get kiddnaped by the Iranies.
Garden Railways-best hobby in the world.

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:08 pm

Highly unlikely that the same kidnapping will happen twice, plus I doubt you'd get sent out on patrol if you're working in the engine room. Or do I not understand the Navy?

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:11 pm

Well they'll need someone who knows about engines, becasuse what if their engines fail and the wind's blowing torwards Iran.

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:18 pm

Walkie Talkie? Personally I don't fancy spending half my life anway from home and then getting shot. It rocks some people's boats (Ha Ha) but not mine.

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:22 pm

Yeah, well, I like ships, and I like ships with guns. Also, unless we have a repeat of the Falklands War, the navy don't ushally take much of a beating (as with the expection of Argentina, all our enermies don't ushally have a navy). Besides, my parents are very enthusiastic about it. My mum is because I'll get to see the world. my dad is because of my mum's reason, and he's also hoping that I'll get posted out to Gibralta where he can come and visit.

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:46 pm

Matt wrote:Well they'll need someone who knows about engines, becasuse what if their engines fail and the wind's blowing torwards Iran.
I dont quite think ship engines are all that simple Matthew. (I know - I live in Falmouth.)

MuzTrem
Driver
Driver

Post by MuzTrem » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:15 pm

Matt wrote:The only drawback is that if the Iraq war is still going on when I get into the navy, I might get sent to the gulf, and get kiddnaped by the Iranies.
No need to worry if that happens...Brown'll probably give in to their demands after dithering for a bit, and then you can go home with a goody bag and sell your story to the rags...every cloud has a silver lining! :roll:

bungle80a
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by bungle80a » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:33 am

I'd just like to say that I had absolutely nothing to do with this thread going off topic! I believe the blame there would lay with Mr PTLRcecil, blamer of others! Harumph!
Bungle80a

"Who has stolen the 3 link coupling off the end of my train?!?!

.....[a few minutes pass hunting down replacements].....

"So, which comedian has uncoupled my entire train?!?!"

ptlrcecil
Driver
Driver

Post by ptlrcecil » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:49 pm

See what I mean. We havong a good conversation then mr I clean my engine with brake fluid, comes in and sends it of topic. LOL.
http://www.freewebs.com/pinetreelightrailway/index.

Cecil your engines on Fire!

Its a Mamod it does that.