Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:07 pm

I though it was a tad bad!

bungle80a
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by bungle80a » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:10 pm

I dont know what is in the air, but there seems to be a bit of a sense of silliness on the forum tonight! I dread to thiink what the hardcore 16millers (read rivet counter) would make of all this!
Bungle80a

"Who has stolen the 3 link coupling off the end of my train?!?!

.....[a few minutes pass hunting down replacements].....

"So, which comedian has uncoupled my entire train?!?!"

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:18 pm

bungle80a wrote:I dread to thiink what the hardcore 16millers (read rivet counter) would make of all this!
I wouldn't worry, you should see some of the stuff on the 16mm e-group :lol: .

bungle80a
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by bungle80a » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:28 pm

SillyBilly wrote:
bungle80a wrote:I dread to thiink what the hardcore 16millers (read rivet counter) would make of all this!
Which one? The assoc one or the 16mmngm one, or for that matter the 16mm Narrow Gauge in the Garden one?

Cant say i've seen anything quite as silly as this thread on any of them, although it is getting quite heated on the assoc one over the whole possibly including the G Scale assoc in next years Stoneleigh!

What I don't get, is all I keep reading is 'we need to get younger members or the hobby is gonna die etc etc'! Hang on a minute, at least 2 of the articles in the recent SMT were about young members, plus there was a pics of Matt and Cecil's lines, both young members and thats not including the rest of the younger members, a few of who are here on this forum! I'm only 28, and I have no plans on dying anytime soon (touch wood), and would like to include myself as a younger member (I act like it sometimes), so I would say its not going anywhere. Just a little bit of a random swing in this thread, but I just felt like voicing my opinion.
Bungle80a

"Who has stolen the 3 link coupling off the end of my train?!?!

.....[a few minutes pass hunting down replacements].....

"So, which comedian has uncoupled my entire train?!?!"

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:31 pm

bungle80a wrote:
SillyBilly wrote:
Which one? The assoc one or the 16mmngm one, or for that matter the 16mm Narrow Gauge in the Garden one?

Cant say i've seen anything quite as silly as this thread on any of them, although it is getting quite heated on the assoc one over the whole possibly including the G Scale assoc in next years Stoneleigh!

What I don't get, is all I keep reading is 'we need to get younger members or the hobby is gonna die etc etc'! Hang on a minute, at least 2 of the articles in the recent SMT were about young members, plus there was a pics of Matt and Cecil's lines, both young members and thats not including the rest of the younger members, a few of who are here on this forum! I'm only 28, and I have no plans on dying anytime soon (touch wood), and would like to include myself as a younger member (I act like it sometimes), so I would say its not going anywhere. Just a little bit of a random swing in this thread, but I just felt like voicing my opinion.
Yeah, most of the members on this forum are under 30 or sumut

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:29 pm

That's true, it's us modern, cool kids with our forum which is better organised than an e-group ;) :lol: .

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:34 pm

Is it me, or has this got slightly off topic?

also, WILL EVERY ONE PLEASE STOP CALLING ME A MAMOD WRECKER!
Garden Railways-best hobby in the world.

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:26 pm

SillyBilly wrote:That's true, it's us modern, cool kids with our forum which is better organised than an e-group ;)  :lol: .
We are normally better at staying on topic than the e-group as well!!!! Just not this time (I hope steamyjim is enjoying himself in Barcelona! :lol: )
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

riveresk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by riveresk » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:33 pm

laalratty wrote:
SillyBilly wrote:That's true, it's us modern, cool kids with our forum which is better organised than an e-group ;)  :lol: .
We are normally better at staying on topic than the e-group as well!!!! Just not this time (I hope steamyjim is enjoying himself in Barcelona! :lol: )
Well I would say that this got off topic the moment that Steamyjim went off to Barcelona. Mentioning Barcelona to a bunch of Dr Who fans is just asking for trouble. lol.
'Oliver's no use at all, thinks he's very clever. Says that he can manage us, that's the best joke ever. When he orders us about, with the greatest folly. We just push him down the well. Pop goes old Olly!'

ptlrcecil
Driver
Driver

Post by ptlrcecil » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:15 pm

Well they have got dogs with no noses.
http://www.freewebs.com/pinetreelightrailway/index.

Cecil your engines on Fire!

Its a Mamod it does that.

MuzTrem
Driver
Driver

Post by MuzTrem » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:35 pm

bungle80a wrote:What I don't get, is all I keep reading is 'we need to get younger members or the hobby is gonna die etc etc'! Hang on a minute, at least 2 of the articles in the recent SMT were about young members, plus there was a pics of Matt and Cecil's lines, both young members and thats not including the rest of the younger members, a few of who are here on this forum! I'm only 28, and I have no plans on dying anytime soon (touch wood), and would like to include myself as a younger member (I act like it sometimes), so I would say its not going anywhere. Just a little bit of a random swing in this thread, but I just felt like voicing my opinion.
I think there are a good number of young enthusiasts out there, for railways generally as well as modelling. The trouble is, the don't like to admit it because the media brands them "uncool" if they do... :evil:

ptlrcecil
Driver
Driver

Post by ptlrcecil » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:26 pm

Yep. I had that in school.
Yey theres that kid you like thomas the tank and what not.

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:20 pm

Yep and you're like "How childish are you?".

ptlrcecil
Driver
Driver

Post by ptlrcecil » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:54 pm

No more like, "please stop hitting me" and "Ow my internal organs"