Edrig Problems

Do you have a problem? Here is the place to appeal for help
Sammmm
Fireman
Fireman

Edrig Problems

Post by Sammmm » Sun May 22, 2011 8:22 pm

Im having troubles with my Accucraft edrig at the moment, basicly i have got it in time as much as i can but have found that that it locks up quite a bit especialy in reverse and also requires alot of steam to even move light engine, the only visible problem is a little bubbling on join between the cylinder and the top half and also where the reverser enters its steam block

Any tips ?

P.s the engine is only 1 year old
Ta,

Sam :)

Dude where's my car!!.....Dude get a life!...Get swift cover 8)

DolwyddelanLightRail
Driver
Driver

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Wed May 25, 2011 9:28 am

I get the bubbling quite a lot in the areas you've said, it might be worth when you next take it apart for whatever reason, to tighten up the screws holding the top half of the cylinder and the bottom, as sometimes accucraft don't tighten them up enough! Other than that the only thing i can think of is have you checked that the actual reverser is in time? (as in when it's in reverse the notch should only just be visible? as I had this problem once!)

Sammmm
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Sammmm » Wed May 25, 2011 6:24 pm

Ah thanks, just had a look and the reverser's about 0.5mm to far out so ill adjust that and see what it does but trying to avoid taking her appart as i might possibly be getting a 3 1/2" Tich kit but who knows lol
Ta,

Sam :)

Dude where's my car!!.....Dude get a life!...Get swift cover 8)