Page 1 of 1
After todays steam up....
Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:22 pm
by Sir haydn
I bet Greg is really 'CHUFFED'.
Re: After todays steam up....
Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:38 pm
by Narrow Minded
Sir haydn:51970 wrote:I bet Greg is really 'CHUFFED'.
Oh yes, go on then - let's "hear it"!

I thought Pendo would have been the first to gloat!!
Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:40 pm
by 90733
Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:49 pm
by Narrow Minded
90733:51972 wrote:?? WHats going on now?? :lol: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Far be it from me to spoil Shane's chance to rub salt into an open wound - I'll add my ten-penn'orth once he's made his comment

Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:38 pm
by Pendo Pilot
I still liked my own phrase regarding your chuff equipped loco..."Is it moving?"
In motorbike terms mine was an illegal race exhaust while yours was more silenced than a factory fitted exhaust.
But no I won't gloat as I would be gutted about that myself. But bloody hell it was quiet!!

Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:56 pm
by Narrow Minded
I was so underwhelmed that I forgot that I'd brought along my camera to shoot a vid of the "inaugural run"!
The residents of Westwood, Loscoe and villages en-route were ecstatic to learn that The Countess had been fitted with a "silencer"
However, at the request of the crew, the original exhaust has been re-instated so that animals straying onto the line are warned of the loco's approach and the brake doesn't have to be applied while they "shoo" them from the track
I think Ian turning up with a
second Summerland equiped Countess was the last straw for the red faced driver - anyone notice that "The Earl" made the remainder of todays running???!
Ah well, I've PM'd Mr A a photo of the "Bunker Duster" hoping that he can shed some light on the mute performance.
Copies of my review are available with sub-titles

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:33 am
by Pendo Pilot
LOL Greg,
I hope all will be sorted ASAP as that was piss poor. Even loaded down it sounded like a sinclair C5....

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:27 am
by Narrow Minded
Pendo Pilot:51989 wrote:LOL Greg,
I hope all will be sorted ASAP as that was piss poor. Even loaded down it sounded like a sinclair C5....

"Loaded Down"! Even
I struggled with "the great hand from the sky" to shunt the rake that Matt had put together!
As I've mentioned above, I was so gutted that I never got the camera out of the bag so missed the chance to record my first ever runs with the new loco's (
with R/C to boot! A truly historic occasion

)
A quick plea to anyone taking photo's on the day - any chance of posting some up?
I've contacted Mr A, and the matter is now being investigated - watch this space
(or should that be "Listen to this silence"

)
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:01 am
by Pendo Pilot
I took some pics mate & will put up soon. Would of done it last night but my PC decided it didnt want to connect to the internet correctly. Still having trouble so have dropped back to my backup hard drive. Just need to transfer pics to this HD now & then I will post.
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:37 am
by Pendo Pilot
AHAAA... Just twigged that my steam client was updating 2 programs with large updates at the same time hence why the internet was not working correctly. Pics from yesterday in photo section in a moment then...
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:50 am
by Narrow Minded
Cheers matey - did you notice I'd posted a photo and nursery description of "the new tree" I was talking about on sunday?
It's under the "Scenery" topic

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:10 am
by Pendo Pilot
I will check that out in a bit mate, thanks.