Ffestiniog Coaches

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
Driver
Driver

Ffestiniog Coaches

Post by 90733 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:07 pm

Today at narrow gauge north I picked up alot of ffestinion IP kits. This is beacause he was selling them off as there to be discontinued. I bought this lot:

As a brake down:
Three quarryman coaches at £15 each including wheels, normaly £30!
A flying bench and zoo car, these were £20 excluding wheels, but Mr. IP kindly give me them for free :D
Brakevan, yet again £20 and free wheels :D
Also in the first pic is one of the bogie coaches, £30 exlcluding bogies, what a bargain :D I also have another two quarrymans so no have a rake of 9 ffestiniog coaches, plus my friends bought lots too so we can run a meag fest train :D
Livery I'm thinking of copying Laalrattys a bit, but no exactly, as I like leaf green and goes well with white, whatch this space for prgoress :D
Thanks
Jack

andysleigh
Driver
Driver

Post by andysleigh » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:09 pm

those will keep you busy for a long while!

METHSSNIFFER
Driver
Driver

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:31 pm

Why are you copying laalratty surely you are copying the Festiniog Railway !

Driver
Driver

Post by 90733 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:24 pm

METHSSNIFFER:50169 wrote:Why are you copying laalratty surely you are copying the Festiniog Railway !
Becuase Laalratty was inspired by the FR and I was inspired by him :D Plus I probally altering the livery a bit!
those will keep you busy for a long while!
Sure will, still have another two quarrymnas to finish! So will have a 9 coach train, and didn't have a single coach before Xmas!
Thanks
Jack

Steven.T
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Steven.T » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:27 pm

Great, I was at Narrow Gauge North yesterday and even bought stuff from the I.P. stand, and somehow I missed these :shock:

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:27 pm

METHSSNIFFER:50169 wrote:Why are you copying laalratty surely you are copying the Festiniog Railway !
That you are, my livery is Ffestiniog but without the red ends!
I'm am just absolutely GUTTED I wasn't there, and I'm more then a bit suprised they are discontinuing the FfR range. Hopefully it will be replaced with something a bit more in scale, these do loom over Taliesin a bit and they shouldn't do that! Still probably would of bought enough to give me a complete Ffesty rake. Stoneleigh perhapes....
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

Driver
Driver

Post by 90733 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:34 pm

laalratty:50182 wrote:
That you are, my livery is Ffestiniog but without the red ends!
I'm am just absolutely GUTTED I wasn't there, and I'm more then a bit suprised they are discontinuing the FfR range. Hopefully it will be replaced with something a bit more in scale, these do loom over Taliesin a bit and they shouldn't do that! Still probably would of bought enough to give me a complete Ffesty rake. Stoneleigh perhapes....
Dont think he'll have them at Stoneleigh, he's trying to clear them out before then! However he is apperently trying to releasing more WHR stock and 3ft based stock. I really wanted a curly roof brkevan but they had gone :(
Thanks
Jack

taliesin001
Driver
Driver

Post by taliesin001 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:13 pm

You got some bargains there! I would have had a few of those quarrymans carriages :D The welsh highland stock sounds interesting, and I bet he brings out the carriage that I just built! I would hope to see some of the goods stock

Driver
Driver

Post by 90733 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:21 pm

taliesin001:50187 wrote:You got some bargains there! I would have had a few of those quarrymans carriages :D  The welsh highland stock sounds interesting, and I bet he brings out the carriage that I just built! I would hope to see some of the goods stock
Sure did. I think one of the things he's releasing is a WHR box van.
Thanks
Jack

taliesin001
Driver
Driver

Post by taliesin001 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:24 pm

ahh thats good, need one of those :D