Page 1 of 1

Stoneleigh running slot

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:42 pm
by pauly
I was wondering how Id go about securing a running slot on the membership 32mm layout at stoneleigh this year?
Id like a go with my recently aquired 32mm meths fired steamer.


I want to spend more time with you guys this year and since so many of you run your locos on that layout instead of doing the smart thing and converting to a 3 foot prototype.

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:45 pm
by 90733
May I ask what loco it is? :D

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:02 pm
by pauly
An upgraded Mamod SL2

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:12 pm
by 90733
pauly:48808 wrote:An upgraded Mamod SL2
Cool :D

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:41 pm
by MDLR
You will have a problem running a meths fired loco - the ONLY layout permitted to operate meths-fired locos is the heritage layout - Phurcombe Hall - and this has slots already allocated.

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:00 pm
by pauly
dear, guess Ill have to bring something gas fired.

I would like to bring my Jack but its RC and I know that causes problems.

PS I still dont knwo how to book a slot?

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:16 pm
by 90733
pauly:48830 wrote:dear, guess Ill have to bring something gas fired.

I would like to bring my Jack but its RC and I know that causes problems.

PS I still dont knwo how to book a slot?
Jack wouldn't be a problem if its 2.4ghz, its the joys of digital :D

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:44 pm
by pauly
90733:48832 wrote:
pauly:48830 wrote:dear, guess Ill have to bring something gas fired.

I would like to bring my Jack but its RC and I know that causes problems.

PS I still dont knwo how to book a slot?
Jack wouldn't be a problem if its 2.4ghz, its the joys of digital :D
this is the problem, I dont know what that is.
my understanding of electronics and anything like it is akin to a dogs understanding of postmen, I just dont get it.

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:47 pm
by 90733
From what I know 2.4ghz is digital, so no interferance with owt, including other 2.4ghz users, this is because of the digital. However 27mhz and 40 interfer with other things, becuase there 'anolouge', its like trying to understadn the digital tv switch over :D
But I am sure some will provide a much better explanation, I'm learning too :D

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:49 pm
by pauly
I think its digital, yeah it is.
if it isnt itll be a good laugh at my expense  ;)

A helpful soul has sent me details on getting a running slot  :)

though not being able to run meths loco is a bit of a bummer, so much more fun than gas :(

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:59 pm
by Keith S
MDLR:48813 wrote:You will have a problem running a meths fired loco - the ONLY layout permitted to operate meths-fired locos is the heritage layout - Phurcombe Hall - and this has slots already allocated.
Why is that? What if the operator was burning meths, but was wearing one of those stupid orange "safety" vests? I understand you can do whatever you like if you're wearing one of those!