Lego!

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
MoelygestLR
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by MoelygestLR » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:53 pm

laalratty wrote:Hmmm, the dolls house shops where I live have often proven to be not that useful! Cups and saucers are actually one thing i've sorted, the first edition of 16mm today I got has "a page from Colin Binnie's scrapbook" showing how to make them. Might try a different approach, showing food in a labeled box on the serving area rather than on the tables.
One thing i have thought of is lego, i'm going to use the lego tools from my extensive lego collection (mostly lego trains - i even have a lego double fairlie and a Garratt (though the garratt isn't very good)). Just a thought but the little glasses look like wine glaases and there are mugs. not sure about the scale though.
Thanks,

Paul Wood
MGLR

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by steamyjim » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:25 pm

PICS OF THE FARLIE AND GARRATT PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE :D

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:11 pm

Please put those pics up, :D I made a lego double Fairlie ( but with road wheels)
might be worth looking through my lego collection to see if there is anything of use
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

MoelygestLR
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by MoelygestLR » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:22 pm

steamyjim wrote:PICS OF THE FARLIE AND GARRATT PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE :D
I can get you a pic of the Farlie but i'm affraid the Garratt is in a box in the furthermost corner of the shed. anyway i shall get a pic now and post it in a min.
Thanks,

Paul Wood
MGLR

MoelygestLR
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by MoelygestLR » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:42 pm

MoelygestLR wrote:
steamyjim wrote:PICS OF THE FARLIE AND GARRATT PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE :D
I can get you a pic of the Farlie but i'm affraid the Garratt is in a box in the furthermost corner of the shed. anyway i shall get a pic now and post it in a min.
Pic as promised
Thanks,

Paul Wood
MGLR

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:01 am

WOW!! THATS AWESOME! All i have is a Hogwarts Express as my lego model. But as the kit came with no tender, i added a bunker on't back.

BTW, 1 suggestion: For the spectacle plates, why not move the windows further out, and put the red colums in the middle... ;)

MoelygestLR
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by MoelygestLR » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:19 am

mhlr wrote:WOW!! THATS AWESOME! All i have is a Hogwarts Express as my lego model. But as the kit came with no tender, i added a bunker on't back.

BTW, 1 suggestion: For the spectacle plates, why not move the windows further out, and put the red colums in the middle... ;)
Thanks for the suggestion, but i'm going to leave it as is seeing as i built it when i was about 12 it reminds me of my childhood and when i used to make full Lego villages on my bedroom floor with pubs and houses and the railway being the centre feature of course.

Ah great times - now i got my garden railway instead!!

(and before anyone asks i'm not thinking of selling my Lego as i would want to try and pass it on through generations - mind you i could buy another 16mil live steamer with the proceeds!)
Thanks,

Paul Wood
MGLR

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:31 am

aha, seems sensible! im keeping my lego too for generations to come... although I have come across a lego motor thingy that could be useful for something... ;)

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by steamyjim » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:29 pm

I realy realy like that!!!!!!!!!!

It's brilliant :D