Advice on detailing

Do you have a problem? Here is the place to appeal for help
laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Advice on detailing

Post by laalratty » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:11 pm

Has anyone got any ideas on how those little details like food, food packaging and bottles (stuff likely to be seen in a buffet car really!) could be reproduced in 16mm scale. I want to give the buffet car a real wow factor. As for how the carriage is comming on, it entered the paintshop yesterday and half is now in white primer
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Re: Advice on detailing

Post by mhlr » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:25 pm

laalratty wrote:Has anyone got any ideas on how those little details like food, food packaging and bottles (stuff likely to be seen in a buffet car really!) could be reproduced in 16mm scale. I want to give the buffet car a real wow factor. As for how the carriage is comming on, it entered the paintshop yesterday and half is now in white primer
Only thing I can think of is Dolls house stuff. Never come across proper 16mm food...

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:17 pm

Precisely what I was thinking, get down to the dolls hous shop. Although I presume you could always make up tea cups from fine platic tube, ect....

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:04 pm

Hmmm, the dolls house shops where I live have often proven to be not that useful! Cups and saucers are actually one thing i've sorted, the first edition of 16mm today I got has "a page from Colin Binnie's scrapbook" showing how to make them. Might try a different approach, showing food in a labeled box on the serving area rather than on the tables.
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."