Arc Welder

Announcements on new models and reviews should be posted here
Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Arc Welder

Post by Narrow Minded » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:32 am

Here's a short vid of the new Arc Welder from ACME Engineering in action.

After being so impressed with the added atmosphere created by the loco sound units, I couldn't help but get one of these!
The video was shot indoors (Pentrich Sidings) but the lines new recruit will soon be transferred to Brinsley Lodge shed where his talents will be put to good use. :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wiQ71g-ClyE?hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wiQ71g-ClyE?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The only things I've added to the comprehensive kit is the welder unit (actually a battery charger with the terminal clamps now acting as the welding handle and earth clamp on longer leads), the skip frame and a diorama base to house everything conveniently.

Mr ACME
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Re: Arc Welder

Post by Mr ACME » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:17 am

Narrow Minded:47177 wrote:Here's a short vid of the new Arc Welder from ACME Engineering in action.

After being so impressed with the added atmosphere created by the loco sound units, I couldn't help but get one of these!
The video was shot indoors (Pentrich Sidings) but the lines new recruit will soon be transferred to Brinsley Lodge shed where his talents will be put to good use. :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wiQ71g-ClyE?hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wiQ71g-ClyE?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The only things I've added to the comprehensive kit is the welder unit (actually a battery charger with the terminal clamps now acting as the welding handle and earth clamp on longer leads), the skip frame and a diorama base to house everything conveniently.

Brill vid, Greg. Thanks.

The welder set joins the other sound products I sell, which are:

- Multi-cylinder diesel sound,(Like Gardner, Ruston, etc)

- Twin cylinder diesel,(Like Lister twin, kerchunk, kerchink)

- Single cylinder engine,(Like JAP petrol engine, motorbike, compressor.)

- Live steam engine

All £36 each and includes sound unit, loudspeaker, wire, switch, PP3 battery, battery holder, simple instructions and full support.

Where did you obtain the battery charger from?

The sound+light system and painted figure are in stock here and prices are:

Sound+light system £36, this includes sound unit, LED, loudspeaker, wire, switch, PP3 battery and holder and full instructions. Knowing that having the unit could be a little wearing you can run it in either continuous of one shot mode. That mean that switch on and it will carry on running or trigger it using either a push button or reed switch and it will play one loop and then switch off.

The figure is custom made by Rob Bennett of Busybodies fame and is priced at:

Figure painted £15

P&P for both is £3 each or combined if ordered together.

See my website www.acmesteam.co.uk or contact me on sales(at)acmesteam.co.uk, Replace the (at) with @.

Best

Mike Ousby
Best

Mike Ousby

Mr ACME
email: sales@acmesteam.co.uk
www.acmesteam.co.uk

The original Accucraft service person, working closely with them since 2001.

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:57 pm

The battery charger is from a 1:18 garage diorama accessory set intended for use with model cars :D

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:38 pm

Managed to get a couple of photo's of Willie at work outside Brinsley Lodge - you can see his welding tackle better in daylight!

Mr ACME
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Mr ACME » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:41 pm

Narrow Minded:47251 wrote:Managed to get a couple of photo's of Willie at work outside Brinsley Lodge - you can see his welding tackle better in daylight!

Hello Greg

Any chance of some hi-res copies sent to my email, please, or you can post them in the dropbox?

Thanks

Mike Ousby
Best

Mike Ousby

Mr ACME
email: sales@acmesteam.co.uk
www.acmesteam.co.uk

The original Accucraft service person, working closely with them since 2001.

METHSSNIFFER
Driver
Driver

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:54 pm

Do all busybodies have finger prints on them! Nice work Greg keep it up, you are certainly excelling with your modelling and some nice work in the video and photographic dept as well.