Page 1 of 1

locolines is closing shop

Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:51 pm
by Tobias
i have heard rumours that locolines is closing shop :cry:

is this true? :shock:

Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:01 pm
by MDLR
That's correct - he doesn't want the "hassle of an online shop" as he put it, but has said that hr might do kits to order if contacted direct.

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:52 pm
by fred 2010
Well that is a great pitty, but atleast Roy might continue supplying his excellent kits.

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:02 am
by dougrail
Apologies for ressurecting an old thread, but is there an update to this newscast? I was hoping to obtain a near-off the shelf set of loco transfers in the very near future for a project I am workig on :o

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:18 am
by dougrail
So no hope at all? :(

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:23 am
by dougrail
That's very sad - next two weeks, I was after a Mamod LMS set though slightly altered for shorter side tanks.

I have found a phone number so when the engine intended for is sorted, I may try that.

Thanks very much! :D

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:51 am
by ptlrcecil
If your after transfers try lightline. Granted they are very expensive but the quality is superb.

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:11 pm
by dougrail
Aye but Locolines did a slab-sheet set for Mamod locos. My idea was to order one of them but wit the tanks shortened to fit the loco in question.

Once I receive it, I'll give the gentleman a call and see what happens.

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:01 pm
by 90733
Keith&Joanna:50426 wrote:
dougrail:50425 wrote:So no hope at all? :(
May be worth a phone call if you have the contact details, but i believe there was just not enough profit to continue.
I beleive it was because he had too many orders, not too little!

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:40 pm
by dougrail
So the question is: is he or isn't he? Maybe it's just temporary barring of the gates to get clearance of the backlog?

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:13 pm
by dougrail
Hi,

Apologies for threadbumping but this is I feel a genuine enquiry. I read back here that he may still do transfers if contacted directly. Unfortunatly having found a Wayback of the page [2009..!] I used the email and mobile number suplied only to meet a deadend.

Is there a different email or telephone that might be [semi-publically] available or even a postal address that I could write to - or must I conclude that this avenue is now dead and buried? :(

Many thanks for help