Page 1 of 1

Snow, the aftermath

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:31 pm
by Sir haydn
Today it finally stopped snowing! here are a few pics

First thing was to dig the car out!
Image
Image

Then some trains

Image
Image

and a traingloo

Image
Image

More tonight when i steam up for some steam, snow and star light pics

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:40 pm
by Sir haydn
and an over view

Image

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:40 pm
by DolwyddelanLightRail
So how much is that 16mm scale wise? :shock: :roll:

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:04 pm
by Sir haydn
Where its not drifted about 26 scale Ft deep and in drifts and cuttings anywhere upto around a scale 40 Ft

A few evening shots

Image

Image

Image

Image

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:06 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
WOW! SMT cover photo material! Brill! How do you power your signal lights?

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:12 pm
by taliesin001
I agree, excellent shots there sir haydn

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:44 pm
by DolwyddelanLightRail
COAB! Those are magnificent! :shock: :D

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:56 pm
by Sir haydn
Zach, just for the photo I used a PP3 battery, but there are 2 armoured cables that follow the track bed burried about 4" deep which will power these. One circuit for stations and buildings and one for street lamps and signals. all will be broken with juntion boxes where needed.

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:05 pm
by Pendo Pilot
Thats one hell of a sunbed that signalmans got!!! He will come out lovely & toasty.

Lovely shots mate, very nice even if those drifts are scary.

I was up Barton Under Needwood this morning, Central rivers depot looks like a scene from Titanic with all the blocks of ice the fitters have had to carve off anglo scotch voyagers. Made it extremely cold there but not as deep snow as you have a bit up the road.

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:22 pm
by Narrow Minded
I reckon that photoshoot should qualify for "Extreme Steam" status with these temperatures we're having Matt!
They do look very atmospheric though - (Hope you took one with the camera the right way up ;) )

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:12 pm
by Sir haydn
Had to fill the loco from the kettle as the cold water froze in the boiler you could hear it clanking like ice cubes in a glass. I dont have any portriat shots as the snow stopped me getting a decent photo :(

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:23 pm
by Narrow Minded
Had to fill the loco from the kettle as the cold water froze in the boiler
Thanks for the heads up on that one, IF I clear some of the line again tomorrow, and IF I get out for a run, I'll steam up in the shed first!! :lol:

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:56 pm
by mhlr
Corr blimey! Are those photos taken from heaven? :lol:

Very envious of you lot with that snow, all I have down here is rain, plus its getting warmer again to apparently, +7 deg C... snow chance of Snow.

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:48 pm
by Narrow Minded
Corr blimey! Are those photos taken from heaven?
You could say that, since they were taken in "Gods Country" :D

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:31 pm
by MDLR
My railway that TOTALLY disappeared - track, plants, even the buildings!

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:35 am
by Sir Clothem Cap
I didn't get a chance to do snow pics on my railway as the snow only lasted two days :cry: and I was at work in daylight. But next time I'll be prepared once I get my snowplough :D .

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:19 pm
by Sir haydn
OK, This is beyond a joke. no sooner had the snow melted had it started again. we are now white over once more!