It's nearly time for The List

What is your latest project?
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:53 pm

So half way through winter I am half way through my MOTY project, have finished the chronicles, will take down DVLR 1 next weekend and have layed track all the way to holesley...
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:05 am

Mmmmh, well I've sort of failed but.....................

I didn't redevelop the wharfe area, partly because of a local "SOB" (Save Our Bluebells) campaign - they would have been concreted over if I'd gone ahead, but instead I completely revamped the quarry site which is now Loscoe :D
The quarry has been re-established on the fringe of Codnor Wood.

The main street by Westwood Station has been replaced and a goods office added along with the re-located coal staithes.

The planned new passenger rake was meant to be NWNGR bogie stock which I've aquired but not started :roll:
Instead I've got 2/3rds of another new rake of IP freelance 4 wheel coaches (2 done awaiting gas lamp holders for the roofs and rub down lettering for the doors, 1 on order)

I'll be posting pics as soon as the broadband is reconnected :D

Sir Clothem Cap
Driver
Driver

Post by Sir Clothem Cap » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:09 am

I never got round to doing a list but I have.:-

Built new fences and crossing gates.
Repaired and repainted/touched up 3 second hand coaches
built the roof of my scratch build bogie coach.
Lettered all my locos and most of the goods stock.

So fairly productive winter so far but I need to do some trackwork once the sun comes out.

PeachBottom
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Re: It's nearly time for The List

Post by PeachBottom » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:07 pm

TommyDodd:42657 wrote:
------------------------EDITED ADDENDUM--------------------------------

Well, over the summer I had talked about firing up the shiny new lathe and having a go this winter at a published design. Somehow that daydream has been translated into not one but FOUR Brazil class 0-4-2Ts to the Keith Bucklitch design to be constructed in my workshop, albeit each by its prospective owner. One for me (I go first, making the jigs for everyone else to re-use), one for my little brother (who has been such an enormous help with the construction of the Horncastle branch, and deserves a reward), one for an old friend, NG enthusiast and TR volunteer who has finally succumbed to the lure of 16mm after 15 years hanging round the fringes of our activities but whose pension doesn't stretch to shiny new toys.
   That's three. The fourth.......well, I mentioned this plan to the Mrs and her response was
Can we make it four? I think we should have a purple engine and you're never going to let me paint any of yours that colour
We're not planning to actually finish them over a single winter- that would be a bit silly. Apart from anything else work done in a mad rush tends to be sloppy and has to be redone (at least in the Rylandbridge works). So we've both made our list entries read BRAZIL class loco- to reach rolling chassis stage (frames, wheels & axles). Wish us luck!
Err.......I cut out my frames and filed them down....does that count?
http://blog.beccajanestclair.com

"Peachbottom was reading over my shoulder and has gone a funny colour, and is also in the kitchen where the Very Sharp Objects live" ~TommyDodd