Page 1 of 1

Exeter Show.

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:05 pm
by grumpfuttock
I am just wondering if there were any people from the forum going to the Exeter Show on the 23rd, I am hoping to go, and thought it would be nice to meet some of you, and be able to put some faces to the names. :)

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:18 pm
by mhlr
I am most likely going... my local group exhibits there, nice little show. Handy for us south-western people too! :lol:

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:27 pm
by grumpfuttock
mhlr wrote:I am most likely going... my local group exhibits there,
nice little show. Handy for us south-western people too!  :lol:
Ah, I was at least hoping I might meet you Pete ! What is the name of your local group ?

I USED to be a south-western person :D !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:29 pm
by mhlr
The layout is called 'Wheal Steam'... the website I run is www.lgrg.tk .

And I'm not a Southerner by birth, I'm a Yorkshireman luckily :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:43 pm
by grumpfuttock
mhlr wrote:The layout is called 'Wheal Steam'... the website I run is www.lgrg.tk .

And I'm not a Southerner by birth, I'm a Yorkshireman luckily  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Thanks Pete. I have just seen a couple of the videos on the site, you people have some nice garden railways in your area !

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:16 am
by Crackingjob
I will be there with mhlr on the Wheal Steam layout....i have to be there as i am bringing the layout!!!!!!!!!

so thats 2 possibly 3 of us!

Crackingjob

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:08 am
by made-in-england
If I can get a lift down I will come.

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:02 pm
by Endless, Nameless
I'm in Walescestershire, tis me Gran's Birthday. Otherwise I'd head down- I've been a "bouncer" there for the last couple of years, but now I'm not at uni it's a bit more of a treck (and I can't cadge a lift with Mr Gorton either...).

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:51 pm
by grumpfuttock
It would be nice to meet those you who are going, and who are not attending a layout or stand, perhaps we could meet at the Wheal Steam layout at some time during the day ?

Hope you manage to get a lift, Endless, Nameless.

Exeter Show

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:37 am
by Tony Bird
Hi,
With luck I should be on the Severn Mendip Layout.
Regards Tony.

Re: Exeter Show

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:30 pm
by grumpfuttock
Tony Bird wrote:Hi,
With luck I should be on the Severn Mendip Layout.
Regards Tony.
Oh great, Tony. I look forward to meeting you. Maybe I may know some of you people from the Severn Mendip group, from my visits to my friend Ian Sutton's summer open days throughout the 1990's.

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:26 am
by Tony Bird
Hi John,
Yes I know Ian though I haven't seen him for a very long time. Living in Cardiff I only get to a couple of SM's meetings in a year. Hope to meet you in Exeter.
Regards Tony.

Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:41 am
by grumpfuttock
Tony Bird wrote:Hi John,
Yes I know Ian though I haven't seen him for a very long time.  Living in Cardiff I only get to a couple of SM's meetings in a year. Hope to meet you in Exeter.
Regards Tony.
Ah, so you ARE the famous Tony Bird from Cardiff :D
I spoke to Ian a couple of weeks ago, and he is planning to go to the show.

I look forward to meeting you!
If you have ever seen the loco below, we have already met many moons ago !

Image

Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:03 pm
by Tony Bird
Hi John,
Sorry I cannot place the Mamod modification, but if its more than a couple of weeks its not suprising. We might be taking our layout to Holland again next year if you fancy playing trains.
See you at Exeter all things being equal.
Regards Tony.

Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:13 pm
by kes
Look forward to catching up with any that fancy a hello - will be there or square :D