Dan's Bertie

Discussion of Live Steam locomotives should be located here
DLRdan
Driver
Driver

Dan's Bertie

Post by DLRdan » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:57 pm

Even though the cat it out i thought i would officially unvail my Bertie in its new form. The new valve gear is obvious but while every thing was apart I took the opertunity to put new full width axle bearings in and brass bushes in the connecting and coupling rods. There have been some issues, the regulator arm is now on the opposite side of the cab to avoid the reverseing lever and cannot be fully opened as it hit on the steam line. A big difference over the standard Bertie is the sound of the valve gear or lack of it. Below is a picture of the finished loco and a video.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o-jm2eGQCgQ&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o-jm2eGQCgQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Dan,

James: "Dan, can you use your hearing and tell me if that trains coming ?"
DLR
www.freewebs.com/dlrail

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:00 pm

Does it run slowly?

hussra
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by hussra » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:22 am

Any more details - drawings or dimensions? Roundhouse components, presumably?
Richard Huss
in sunny Solihull

DLRdan
Driver
Driver

Post by DLRdan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:49 pm

Forgot I had put this here :oops: . It does run slowly, i've since run it with the accy coal trucks and is far better. The valve gear its self is scratch built out of similar materials to the RH parts. If you tell me what dimentions you want I'll will send them to you.
Dan,

James: "Dan, can you use your hearing and tell me if that trains coming ?"
DLR
www.freewebs.com/dlrail