The CVLR gets it's new home (WIP railway & stock)

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:00 pm

ianfolland wrote:Re the L and B van, I took the bogies off mine, removed the spacers, refitted the bogies
Thanks for that tip, just removed the spacers on mine & managed to bend the original coupler bar (as I don't know yet how severe my curves will be) & it all works out good. Van is just that little lower & as said does look better that bit lower.
:D
Tommy Dodd may have an ARS key but I have a TASS button & a Rope Ladder, just like pirates, except the TASS button bit.

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:03 pm

taliesin001 wrote:NWNGR coaches had ends the same colour as the main body
Thanks for that, it was just the fact I was looking at the IP eng ones & they have black ends which I will probably end up doing as I can't find any matching paint after doing the end repair. Plus I quite like the look of them with different colour ends. Also probably going for the later grey roofs.
Tommy Dodd may have an ARS key but I have a TASS button & a Rope Ladder, just like pirates, except the TASS button bit.

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:02 am

Today I decided to refresh my seldom working IP Jessie. Hopefully after a motor & gearbox change it will work for a while now... :roll:

After a lot of time being fixed & generally being a pain I hope I have sorted it now. So it was time to finish the loco off.

Repainted scraped bonnet & fitted..Vac bags,temporary
numberplates, cabside windows (Gave up trying to fit front & rear ones for now), Sander pipes, coolant & vac line pipes, running boards & cab controls. Still plan to fit rear tail & head lights & a front tail lamp with incab switches.

Got it mostly finished today ready for when my ex MHLR Jack arrives to recieve similar treatment.

A few pics of it now....

taliesin001
Driver
Driver

Post by taliesin001 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:40 am

Very nice, looks alot better than before. :D

Palmerston
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Palmerston » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:33 am

Indeed the loco looks a lot better. The adding of running bords does it all (allmost)

Driver
Driver

Post by 90733 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:37 am

VERY NICE
Thanks
Jack

DolwyddelanLightRail
Driver
Driver

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:42 am

Is anything going to go on the cab backsheet? as it looks slightly plain compared to the rest of the loco

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:48 pm

Great size garden, look forward to progress on the railway.

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:47 pm

DolwyddelanLightRail wrote:Is anything going to go on the cab backsheet? as it looks slightly plain compared to the rest of the loco
Indeed there is something going on the cab back, well hopefully if my plan works out anyway.. :D

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:08 pm

Very nice work on the Jessie :D
There was always something not quite "right" about the loco and you've hit the nail squarely on the head with those running boards - proper job! :D

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:38 am

The line had a new arrival this morning, part delivered by sheeplugger & then Royal mail (it's been a long hard journey :D ).

Ex MHLR IP Jack arrives on CVLR metals.

Posed along with sister loco, the lines IP Jessie.

The staff at the works soon have it in bits! (Actually took quite a while as I was driving it back & forth on the small test line to get used to the RC.. ;) )

They seem quite happy with there work.

Stripped ready for painting in the corporate livery of proper loco green (GWR Brunswick). Well I couldnt leave it in sheeplugger/lawnmower green!! :twisted:

Ta Pete, have already started adding bits to it...

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:17 am

Didn't know the handrail was broken when it got there? That's not good, perhaps I should of added more bubble wrap  :lol:  The Trimline looks as if it adjusted itself too, as it was never that wonky before :? Anyway, it'll look nice when you've done with it.

They're both Number 8 too hahahaha!!

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:49 am

Those IP handrails break if you look at them too hard, the loco was wrapped up good enough mate. Did you change the LED on the headlight btw? Only ask as the nice yellow glow looks better than the HID looking one that came with my Jessie. That Jack certainly looks massive compared to the Jessie. As for them being both #8! Whats the chance of that. I'm tempted to add flanged middle drivers though, will see what radius curves the CVLR ends up with first. As for the trimline, nah mate you just thought it was straighter! Cab & buffer beams all painted now anyway, mahossive bonnet still being worked on.

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:01 am

No, the LED was standard. I wired it up like that too so I didn't leave it switched on by accident.

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:08 am

mhlr wrote:No, the LED was standard. I wired it up like that too so I didn't leave it switched on by accident.
Same as my Jessie fella.

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:16 pm

On most of my battery locos, I've got them wired so if a headlight is on, the loco is "live" - means you remember to switch it off!
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:47 pm

Managed to get a bit more done to the ex MHLR loco.

Still loads to do.

btw, Extra range fuel tank made out of plasticard & sanded smoother, bonnet doors made out of 1 end, 1 part of a floor & 1 weight cover from a cooper craft wagon I built in 1989 that was too far gone to restore. Oh & yes that is a 00 scale postbox ontop of the bonnet as a secondary air intake to the other one made out of mamod buffer shanks. ;) :roll: :D

taliesin001
Driver
Driver

Post by taliesin001 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:53 pm

Looking great so far, I can see your going for some kind of corporate livery, this being the same as the other diesel. :D

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:58 pm

taliesin001 wrote:Looking great so far, I can see your going for some kind of corporate livery, this being the same as the other diesel. :D
It's my old BR days catching up on me, any colour as long as it's rail blue.....or in this case GWR green. :D

Actually I want to paint my edrig into GWR green as well, but the boiler I want black. Does the usual VHT paint work ok on a boiler like that?

The Carrie will remain maroon (unless I can ever afford to have it properly painted).

btw both my working mamods are GWR green too!! :D :twisted: :roll: ;)

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:58 pm

Corrr looking fantastic! Loving the 00 scale postbox, very clever!!! :lol: