Page 1 of 2
6 compartment TR coaches
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:31 pm
by Sir haydn
Yestaday the postman bought me 2 TR coaches from AnDel models
Very very nice models and so far a joy to put together. the detail on the castings is lovely and crisp, and once completed the weight of them should make the running quality amazing.
Once completed one of these coaches will be sold.
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:50 pm
by Sir haydn
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:51 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
They look superb!
Now where do I recognize that colour from...?!
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:43 pm
by MDLR
Sir haydn wrote:I have glued the bodies using epoxy resin with a few blobs of super glue to hold them while the resin dried.
That's VERY sensible - I've had it up to
HERE with superglued kits falling apart when dropped!
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:46 pm
by 90733
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:48 pm
by Narrow Minded
Oh Dear! I can feel another "investment" coming on

Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:49 pm
by taliesin001
Very nice coaches.
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:28 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
"Tip of the Week!!!"
To remove the white bloomings on the carriage bodies from the Super Glue get some WD40 and a cotton bud. It comes off really easily then!
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:38 pm
by 90733
Mr. Bond of the DVLR wrote:"Tip of the Week!!!"
To remove the white bloomings on the carriage bodies from the Super Glue get some WD40 and a cotton bud. It comes off really easily then!
Thanks for that tip, will try it next time.
Very nice coaches too
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:03 pm
by Sir haydn
Good tip mr bond, but im painting them anyway! I want a glossy finnish!
Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:55 pm
by Narrow Minded
Matt, what detailing bits come with them? ie doorhandles etc or are they the usual "bent wire" that comes with Andel kits?
(or in other words, what
extra detailing parts do you need to complete them?)
Also did you thoroughly degrease them before assembly or are you going to do that before painting?
I
always have a devil of a job getting paint to stick to the resin castings

Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:34 am
by Sir haydn
bent wire im afraid. i'm going to use brandbright door funiture and turn the train alarm boxes up on the lathe.
I soak all parts in soapy water before assembley and then i rub them down with finnishing paper before painting!
Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:51 pm
by Sir haydn
Iv now painted one coach up into glossy tan/mid brown and built up the seating for both coaches.
Im now waiting on more paint from humbrol
Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:37 pm
by Narrow Minded
Piccies Please Sir Haydn
I like following these builds step by step. (Helps with motivating the old inspiration gland!)
Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:31 pm
by Sir haydn
Well the coach needs one more coat of paint after the paint arrives, then i can flood the panels with red paint before glazing

Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:38 pm
by taliesin001
a great start, the red pannelling will bring it to life i think.

Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:24 pm
by Sir haydn
I cnt see why they couldnt use 45mm bogies. I should think they would look equally good
Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:18 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Its ok but it must be washed. I didn't wash my guards van kit and the paint has started to peel off in certain places. It does look nicely weathered and old now though!
Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:19 pm
by Sir haydn
once cleaned and prep'd right its a doddle
Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:26 pm
by Sir haydn
would a RH linda be ok?