The Danycoed and Rosser Light Railway

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
SidSanders
Cleaner
Cleaner

The Danycoed and Rosser Light Railway

Post by SidSanders » Tue May 18, 2010 8:33 am

"The Danycoed and Rosser Light Railway is a new venture being built jointly by the Blackwood Valley Railway/ Nantlle Vale Tramway Consortim and The Mid Staffordshire Farm Light Railway in Aberystwyth

Hello.. bumphy blurb out of the way... The DRLR is a joint project between my flatmate and I that we shall be building in the garden of our house next year, its something I have always wanted to do, and the same for him

A late night on ebay got me this:

Which for very little money is complete and in great nic

The body just clips off....and an alternitive body that clips on and off will be made at some point

We had to test it... and my girlfriend quickly bagsed the controller, leaving my flat mate to look on!

Yep it works.

These are my excuses for buying the Faller E-train set... I want the oval of track to run my IP Engineering Simplex and Binnie skips on.

This is my garden railway at my parents house, which is just a few lenghts of peco put down to play with.

Anyway this is the beginings of the DLR, I need to clear the overgrown back garden and work out what space we have, but we're hoping to have quite a long continous run, with a passing loop or two and one or two sidings. We'll see. Anyway I now have to disappere of to a Geology exam.

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Tue May 18, 2010 9:05 am

Thanks for the pics of the embrionic DRLR and best of luck with the exam :D

I look forward to seeing your progress as you keep us up to date on your new railway :thumbup: (Exciting times!)

made-in-england
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by made-in-england » Tue May 18, 2010 11:19 am

Faller locos are fun, im in the processes of modding mine into something "really usefull".

I think Titan who is a member here has some track pick up faller engines for sale :?:

best of luck with the project
Passengers are reminded not to tease the engines

taliesin001
Driver
Driver

Post by taliesin001 » Tue May 18, 2010 3:54 pm

interesting pics :D

Driver
Driver

Post by 90733 » Tue May 18, 2010 4:12 pm

Very noce, do like the simplex ;)
Thanks
Jack

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Tue May 18, 2010 7:21 pm

Supoib! Lovely Simpy, nicely detailed! Looks like you'll transform your girlfriend into a train enthusiast then?! :lol:

Endless, Nameless
Driver
Driver

Post by Endless, Nameless » Tue May 18, 2010 7:45 pm

The Faller locos are pretty awful but the track is really good, I had some for a while and was quite impressed with it.
Matt

"The Ancient Greeks called it Pandora's box- but what they actually meant was Baldrick's Trousers"

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Tue May 18, 2010 9:21 pm

It's also nice to see that the girlfriend wants to be involved - keep her on side by naming a loco after her!
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html