Yet another new carriage scratchbuild

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:56 pm

The carriage did make the steamup, but only just about! The roof decided to be a right sod despite the use of my IP engineering roof jig (the coach was a bit too long for it!) Anyway, it was just about held down enough for a run during the second half of the afternoon. Since then I have slowly been completing the carriage with more painting, and adding of the vacuum pipes

The vacuum pipes still wern't fitted for this pic

The coach has 3 back2bay6 figures, these are becoming quite well known on garden lines because they are ready painted and extremely good value, I picked up 4 for £10 at Llanfair

Another test train, but this time for something completely different - A wagon that has been waiting for completion for 3 1/2 years!

Dad built the body for this way back in 2007! It took untill Stoneleigh this year to get some appropriate bogies (ie for the right price, dad is extremely thrifty!) and then untill now for me to get round to fixing them on. It is based of Ffestiniog waggon 63 alas after all this time the body looks out of proportion to the bogies to me and I'm not that keen on it :roll:
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:08 pm

laalratty wrote: It is based of Ffestiniog waggon 63 alas after all this time the body looks out of proportion to the bogies to me and I'm not that keen on it :roll:
Hey the CVLR will have it if you don't like it... :D  :D  :D

Coach is looking fantastic, very nice indeed. Glad to see the same passengers travelling in yours as is in mine...B2B6 finest.

Oh & stop posting pics of the diesel, I already want one along with about 4,000 other items of stock... :roll:  ;)
I will be dead long before I've saved up enough money for them all!  :|
Tommy Dodd may have an ARS key but I have a TASS button & a Rope Ladder, just like pirates, except the TASS button bit.

Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:43 pm

Fantastic carriage there Laal,
Rather than fit normal vacuum pipes to it why not fir BOND BRAKES air pipes? easy to make and cheap too. Also interconectable!
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

Driver
Driver

Post by 90733 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:46 am

Very, Very nice :D
Thanks
Jack

taliesin001
Driver
Driver

Post by taliesin001 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:45 pm

That carriage is looking superb!

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:02 pm

It'll never look like 63, it isn't long enough and has the wrong body, you want to be trying for more of a 68 look.

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:00 pm

SillyBilly wrote:It'll never look like 63, it isn't long enough and has the wrong body, you want to be trying for more of a 68 look.
Probably misinterpreted what dad was trying to build then, it will explain why it looked wrong to me then
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."