Page 1 of 1

Compton Down

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:16 pm
by 90733
Is it right Llechfan is going to become the 'new' Compton down?

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:05 pm
by Matt
I heard that most of the buildings and the track work was going there to extend the railway.

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:42 pm
by 90733
Ar, i see. (And just read it somwhere  :lol: ). Wish I could go see when it's moved, but doubt i will ever soon. Maybe if i win the things i have bidderd on I might make a little garden railway in my Mums garden in Compton Style  :D And build a Compton inspired loco, because I've run out of money for another  :cry:  :lol:
If that is alright with everyone? :D

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:01 pm
by Sir haydn
the re-siting of compton is going to take around 2 years so you have plenty of time to save up for a trip there.

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:14 pm
by 90733
Sir haydn wrote:the re-siting of compton is going to take around 2 years so you have plenty of time to save up for a trip there.
Cool. Might be riding a moped by then :lol:
Still build a Little Compton inspired railway at my mums, so the stock i am hoping i win can run in a 'natural setting'. :D
Suppose it's a sort of tribute?! :?
What do you think?

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:40 pm
by SLRmidge
I think its a great idea :D Im hoping to win a loco & a little stock, so will be able to run a 'Compton' train. Fingers crossed.

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:05 pm
by kes
Compton Down is going to Llechfan - will post a new topic with full details shortly.... ;)

Mini Compton Downs will be wonderful to see - Dad would be hugely pleased that he corrupted - er I mean inspired others to follow in his rusty concrete strewn footsteps :D

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:33 pm
by 90733
Thanks, I'll go along with it then, Altohough i doubt it will be as good, but will try my best. Will only be smallish effair but something. Now only if i had enough for more Compton Down stuff.............. :D  :lol: (well i have a £5 left, but I think it would be a bit rude to bid that on any of the 32mm gauge stuff left, unless Kes said otherwise :D )

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:17 pm
by 90733
Just been looking at the Compton Down lists and noticed how many things have now been bidderd on. Now only if i can scronge money for Polly........ :lol: :lol: We can all dream.