CVLR video's.

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:48 am

Oh, YUK!!
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:33 pm

I'd have left that one standing outside the 'shed!

What exactly did you manage to salvage from it?????? :D

(BTW The wheelsets are on their way)

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:29 am

Picked up some coaches (at last) from my local shop last week. They were all in bits but finally bodged them together for the last week of operations on my test track before it's lifted. Must say they were cheap. Not sure what make they are although the guy in the shop hinted at them maybe being old Tenmille NG stock. They are very long but after bodging a coupler to the bogies rather than the vehicle ends they manage ok on my current peco SM32 setrack curves. Will be going over them with the fettling brush in the future, just wanted to run some passenger stock on the line before it goes. They are NWNGR bogie vehiclesm wooden body, brass window sections & what I thin is aluminium roofs.

Not sure if they are accurate 16mm stock but they work fine for me...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oT3AreJ22No&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oT3AreJ22No&hl ... 2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Tommy Dodd may have an ARS key but I have a TASS button & a Rope Ladder, just like pirates, except the TASS button bit.

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:23 am

Not sure if they are accurate 16mm stock but they work fine for me...
Nah! I think you should get rid of 'em......................to me :idea: :D

No, seriously, they look mighty fine to me - just what I'm looking for at the mo'. I didn't know tenmille made 'em, (but then I'm only familiar with their TR stock)
Very nice aquisition there! Especially if they wuz cheap :D

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:34 pm

Look very nice to me.

Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:09 pm

Fantastic, I spot some sideways camera angles...!
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

taliesin001
Driver
Driver

Post by taliesin001 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:29 pm

Look great. :D

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:32 pm

Pendo Pilot wrote:Picked up some coaches (at last) from my local shop last week.
........... and very nice they are, too! You've got some VERY tight clearances on your line - you get very close to the walls at times. When you were filming off the top of the coach, did you stop the train before it got to the seat, or was there a "CLONK!!" moment?
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:23 am

MDLR wrote:
Pendo Pilot wrote:Picked up some coaches (at last) from my local shop last week.
........... and very nice they are, too! You've got some VERY tight clearances on your line - you get very close to the walls at times. When you were filming off the top of the coach, did you stop the train before it got to the seat, or was there a "CLONK!!" moment?
Indeed, the line just fits in the patio area. Then again narrow gauge rules allow for tight area's & I have not caught a wall yet although you have to keep an eye on the track formation as it does tend to 'shift' a bit with heavy loco's going over it. Actually did remember to remove the camera before it became out of gauge! ;)

Was running them today as we had a last BBQ at the house & my friends dad is a steam nut. However my friends 7 year old autistic son decided he would like to see a train crash so removed the peg that stopped the track from dropping into the drain that it passes over. He did this 4 times but I saw him do it & stopped the train. The fifth time I did not see him do it & next thing I see is my Carrie on it's side & the two coaches wrapped around the drain pipe. Total damage is a small scuff on the carrie's tank & a mangled roof end & smashed wooden planking on one coach end!! What could I do, the poor lad is autistic. Stopped running & removed all stock, then had to go & sit on my own for a few minutes as I was furious but would never make the poor lad feel bad over it. He knew he had done wrong but his autisim can really be bad at times & at teh end of the day I can fix all the damage but I could not fix the effect that it could have on him...
Tommy Dodd may have an ARS key but I have a TASS button & a Rope Ladder, just like pirates, except the TASS button bit.