Isle of Man

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:42 am

Why does it always happen on the opening day??? Snowdon was the same (I think). I've heared rumours that the Laxey-Ramsey section of the Manx Electric is to be closed this year for maintenance, is this true?

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:55 am

Snowdon was the same (I think).
That was my actual posting - That actually happened on the Snowdon Mountain Railway on its first day of operation
So it was not the Snaefell that I was referring to at the beginning of my last posting.

I've heared rumours that the Laxey-Ramsey section of the Manx Electric is to be closed this year for maintenance, is this true?

Again that was also in my posting - although just reading the Ministers report to Tynwald in February 2008, the Manx Electric Railway will not be operating between Laxey and Ramsey in 2008.

See here to read the Ministers report - http://www.iombusandrail.info/downloads ... 200208.pdf

And here is the relevant section -

In relation to the Manx Electric Railway between Laxey and Ramsey CDL has identified a more serious situation. In their professional opinion, there are significant sections of the track between Laxey and Ramsey which need replacement or repair before the railway can operate safely. The problems are such that they could not all possibly be addressed ahead of the 2008 season, most notably because in order to deal with the other issues raised we will exhaust our stock of new rail - and from order to delivery is around 6 months. The Department has, based on the advice it has received, reluctantly concluded that to operate the Laxey to Ramsey section would be reckless in terms of its obligations to reasonable health and safety. Accordingly, the Manx Electric Railway will not operate between Laxey and Ramsey in 2008.

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:47 pm

Sorry Chris, I was at work, sand just scannjing through post and making quick replys, the internet is down at home :evil: .

MuzTrem
Driver
Driver

Post by MuzTrem » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:46 pm

SillyBilly wrote:the internet is down at home :evil: .
That's happened to us a couple of times, it's a swine isn't it? :roll:

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:08 pm

Matt wrote:So I'll have to what a little longer to get my edrig
Just been having a look at the Track Shack website and thought the following would be of great interest to you, if you have not seen it before - We are now taking orders for the next batch of Edrigs due in May 2008. Due to the high demand you are advised to make a reservation.

Obviously the Edrig club on this Forum has made it a popular buy for 2008!

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:42 pm

CCairns wrote:
Matt wrote:So I'll have to what a little longer to get my edrig
Just been having a look at the Track Shack website and thought the following would be of great interest to you, if you have not seen it before - We are now taking orders for the next batch of Edrigs due in May 2008. Due to the high demand you are advised to make a reservation.

Obviously the Edrig club on this Forum has made it a popular buy for 2008!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: