garden railway progress

What is your latest project?
Jay_Minor
Cleaner
Cleaner

garden railway progress

Post by Jay_Minor » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:21 pm

well at last i've laid some peco sm32 track, i was going to lay it in the front garden but had a change of mind
1, because of security
2, all the hassle of laying some kind of base for the track

in my back yard (so to speak) i all ready have some decking laid out so i thought this would be a ideal base, it's only going to be a small garden railway due to lack of room.

the outside track will be for live steam and then i'm going to lay another inner track which my little girl can run battery locos on

i now need to make a few more scenery bits and extend the station by a few inches, all the scenery you see in the video i made apart from the little people

i was hoping to get a conrad or cardoc but budget won't allow at the moment so i'm going to get a mamod loco for the time being

i ran a battery operated engine on the track just to get the feel of it

Jay
"I realise that steam engines aren't everyone's cup of tea. But they're what made England great." Fred Dibnah
website www.mini-steam.co.uk

Dave
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Dave » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:35 pm

Looks great love the video which engine is working , they look good what make are they
:)
Not Another One

Jay_Minor
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Jay_Minor » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:44 pm

Dave wrote:Looks great love the video which engine is working , they look good what make are they
:)
hi Dave it's one of those cheap little battery deisel jobs
cheap but works okay :D
Jay
"I realise that steam engines aren't everyone's cup of tea. But they're what made England great." Fred Dibnah
website www.mini-steam.co.uk

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:03 pm

You've made some rather nice buildings, decking is always a good place to start, nice and flat.

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:43 pm

Nice! I would be worried about having it there though, as it's a decking, it will get walked upon, and also deckchairs in the summer? Have you considered making a slightly raised wooden section around the perimeter of the decking like this railway? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooFaVyXen9Q

Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:13 pm

He has done- see videos!!
The railway which people forgot
(to build)