Page 1 of 1

Peco to mamod...

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:15 pm
by made-in-england
Hi All,

Can anyone advise me on how to attach peco track to mamod track?

This is assuming that its do-able? My railway was laid with peco track (a few meters up and down) but have come into some free mamod track and want to make best use of it.

Will

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:26 pm
by SillyBilly
The best use for it is to stick it on eBay ;) !

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:29 pm
by made-in-england
hehe there is that but I wont get enough back to pay for the amount I need in peco I dont think...

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:34 pm
by SillyBilly
But your railway will run much better on PECO.

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:56 pm
by mhlr
Well, there is always second hand Peco ;) And Mamod stuff usually goes quite high prices I think to some suckers...

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:08 pm
by Crackingjob
We have been here before I think.

I use mamod points as tight turn offs and track for sidings, leaving the expensive Peco stuff as mainline (its better if mainline is the same for smooth running)

You will need to take a file to the mamod track and file in about 1/4 inch and make a matching rail profile to the peco or near as able for the fishplates to fit and nip the fishplate with pincers for a tight fit

I have got photos somewhere

never turn down the freebies

Crackingjob