Victor - The ongoing saga...is concluded! (See p.7)

What is your latest project?
MTA

Post by MTA » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:16 pm

SapperAnt:65790 wrote:Very nice..looks nice and Victorian!  What is the colour??? Improved Engine Green???? (Im colour blind....like Stroudley)
It's a tad lighter than Improved Engine Green, but then I don't think there are many people alive that will know what exactly Improved Engine Green looks like!

It's best described as yellow ochre ;)

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:47 pm

Very turn of the last century indeed, I do like that in a pre grouping livery type of way.. Different but nice. Oh & any details on the lubricator? I need to do similar on my wrec...ahem, mamod..
Tommy Dodd may have an ARS key but I have a TASS button & a Rope Ladder, just like pirates, except the TASS button bit.

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:14 pm

By the comments, it looks like you were right about the "Marmite Catagory" ;) I like it! :D
(I wouldn't choose it, but I really like it! :D )

Very tidy loco all-round!

DolwyddelanLightRail
Driver
Driver

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:27 pm

When I first saw it, I thought the guy's gone mad, but after looking at it in more detail, I think it's actually quirky enough that I'd happily have it! :D

Endless, Nameless
Driver
Driver

Post by Endless, Nameless » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:40 pm

That's lovely- colour is fantastic. Possibly the nicest Mamod I've seen 8)
Matt

"The Ancient Greeks called it Pandora's box- but what they actually meant was Baldrick's Trousers"

TonyW
Driver
Driver

Post by TonyW » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:59 pm

Even after ordering the smallest quantity I could, I still have some of the paint left over. Some will be going - hopefully - on another loco that has been seen in these pages, but if anybody else wants their loco repainted in this colour....
Tony Willmore
Rhos Helyg Locomotive Works: http://www.rhoshelyg.me.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RhosHelygLocoWorks

MTA

Post by MTA » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:27 pm

Pendo Pilot:65816 wrote:Very turn of the last century indeed, I do like that in a pre grouping livery type of way.. Different but nice. Oh & any details on the lubricator? I need to do similar on my wrec...ahem, mamod..
Shane,

The lubricator is the standard Roundhouse one, the union nut threads are the same as those on the Dream Steam boiler. The nipple where the lubricator joins the steam pipe will need soldering onto the steam pipe however.

I had to machine some of the cap away for it to fit under the steam pipe, but you may do a better job of fitting it in than I did!

MTA

Post by MTA » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:31 pm

Endless, Nameless:65829 wrote:That's lovely- colour is fantastic. Possibly the nicest Mamod I've seen 8)
You, Sir, have made my day! :D

I'm glad the majority of you like it, I'm very pleased with it. Hope to give it a run at the weekend, weather permitting.

DolwyddelanLightRail
Driver
Driver

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:54 pm

I'd be too scared to run it :lol:

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:55 pm

Cheers for the info there on the lubricator, I may have to try this as I'm not convinced my deadleg one does much..
Tommy Dodd may have an ARS key but I have a TASS button & a Rope Ladder, just like pirates, except the TASS button bit.

MTA

Post by MTA » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:42 pm

Pendo Pilot:65879 wrote:Cheers for the info there on the lubricator, I may have to try this as I'm not convinced my deadleg one does much..
I fitted a 'dead leg' to 'Victor' many moons ago. It didn't work very well... Considering that oil floats on water and there's only one pipe in and out I think the Roundhouse one does the business.

DolwyddelanLightRail
Driver
Driver

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:09 pm

MTA:65885 wrote:
Pendo Pilot:65879 wrote:Cheers for the info there on the lubricator, I may have to try this as I'm not convinced my deadleg one does much..
I fitted a 'dead leg' to 'Victor' many moons ago. It didn't work very well... Considering that oil floats on water and there's only one pipe in and out I think the Roundhouse one does the business.
They do seem rather hit and miss, but my one on Britomart works wonders! However, I do think that they prefer being run at higher pressures to work properly

Endless, Nameless
Driver
Driver

Post by Endless, Nameless » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:52 pm

MTA:65875 wrote:
Endless, Nameless:65829 wrote:That's lovely- colour is fantastic. Possibly the nicest Mamod I've seen 8)
You, Sir, have made my day! :D

I'm glad the majority of you like it, I'm very pleased with it. Hope to give it a run at the weekend, weather permitting.
My young lady looked over my shoulder just now and said "ooh, that's pretty" so that's another one on the "love it" side of the marmite argument! Not often she comments on steam engines, feel honoured.
Matt

"The Ancient Greeks called it Pandora's box- but what they actually meant was Baldrick's Trousers"