Samson Locomotive Works

A very popular starting point for Live Steam. With their low cost comes a number of problems which can be discussed here
Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Samson Locomotive Works

Post by Chris Cairns » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:07 pm

Anyone ever heard of a model steam locomotive builder or upgrader called 'Samson Locomotive Works' in 1988 with an address of Kenton, Middx I believe?

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:42 pm

Im sorry Chriss cant help you there :(

grumpfuttock
Fireman
Fireman

Post by grumpfuttock » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:51 pm

If it is the guy who overtook production of Tom Coopers osmotor and Rheidol locomotive, then yes I have heard of him unfortunately I cannot remember his name, but would recognise it when I heard it. I have dealt with him once,  before he started Samson Locomotive Works, and I will never deal with him again. He offered to upgrade my standard Mamod cylinders, so I sent him the cylinders and his £16 charge, he said it would take a week or so, so after 4 weeks I called him again and he explained that he had had a break in and that once he had got himself sorted out, he would do my cylinders. After a few weeks I called him again, and got some other story, and so on. Eventually I gave up and have never seen the cylinders or my money.
John.

"I am not an armchair modeller, I have a garden railway, so I am a deckchair modeller."

http://www.tumblydowncottage.dk