My Brother

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
FWLR
Driver
Driver

My Brother

Post by FWLR » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:45 am

Found out yesterday that my elder brother passed away last Friday, he had something with his diabetes that made him ill over several weeks and unfortunately he passed away.

He was a great influence in my enjoyment of garden railways, all though he never missed an opportunity to have a little dig of the size I was running, 16mm he used to say, that's not a proper scale, he used to build and run sizes from 2.5 right up to 7 inch, his workmanship was first class, far better than I am at engineering and he always was there to help me whenever I was struggling to get something done properly. He had loads of patience with me and I think that rubbed off onto me. ''Anne always says that she hasn't the patience I have when it comes to modelling.'' He somehow was a man that knew how to handle situations that were causing concern to others and he did all he could to help them, sometimes spending hours and days with them, sometimes with their own railways or helping a person with the car or buildings, he was a very talented man.

He will be truly missed.

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Re: My Brother

Post by ge_rik » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:59 am

Sorry to hear that, Rod.
Condolences to you and Anne.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:16 am

That's really bad news Rod, I'm sorry to hear it. Your brother sounds like a great bloke who will be much missed by many people.

Look after yourself,

Andrew.

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:34 am

I'm so sorry to hear the news Rod, I have no siblings but I'm sure there was an extra strength knowing he was there to support you in your times of need.
Take care,
Peter.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

drewzero1
Administrator
Administrator

Post by drewzero1 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:58 am

My condolences to you and your family, Rod. He sounds like he was an amazing guy.