PLR blog trending in Singapore

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

PLR blog trending in Singapore

Post by ge_rik » Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:55 pm

From time to time, I look at the stats for my blog. Generally, I get hits on the blog of around 150 - 200 a day. Occasionally, there is a spike when a web crawler bot has a nose around but these usually only last less than a day. Recently however, I noticed not only a spike but a prolonged tail - off.
Hits1.jpg
Hits1.jpg (94.03 KiB) Viewed 2768 times

As you can see - there were five days with hits of over 1000 plus a couple or more weeks with daily hits over 500. Digging a bit further, I find that the vast majority of these hits are from Singapore.
Locations.jpg
Locations.jpg (93.88 KiB) Viewed 2768 times

Maybe I should arrange a lecture tour of Singapore to outline the virtues and health/wellbeing benefits of garden railway modelling..........

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

philipy

Re: PLR blog trending in Singapore

Post by philipy » Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:39 pm

ge_rik wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:55 pm
Maybe I should arrange a lecture tour of Singapore to outline the virtues and health/wellbeing benefits of garden railway modelling..........
Maybe you should stop off in Indonesia while you are over that way, you seem to be surprisingly popular there as well!
Philip

drewzero1
Administrator
Administrator

Post by drewzero1 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:13 pm

I probably represent a few hundred of the requests from the US. Between painting the GVT coaches and studying up on track laying methods, I've been a very frequent visitor this month.

Old Man Aaron
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Old Man Aaron » Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:20 pm

It's an invaluable resource, that's for sure.

Web traffic is a weird thing, innit?
Regards,
Aaron - Scum Class Works

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:02 pm

Well, whatever caused it, the daily average is still around 500.
There was a chap (Andy Bush) who left a message on one of my YouTube videos saying he was from Singapore. Maybe he told a friend, who told another, who ..... etc.

As you say, the internet is a strange place. Maybe in Singapore garden trains have overtaken videos of cats falling off fences for a while ..... :lol:

Rik
------------------------

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:55 am

Well, the trend continues. As you can see, in May (and for years before) the daily hit rate was around 200. It then spiked to over 1000 before levelling off to around 500/day. Towards the end of June I thought the bubble had burst but the blog now seems to have had a resurgence of interest,
Views stats.jpg
Views stats.jpg (97.19 KiB) Viewed 2640 times

Once more, the overwhelming number of readers are from Singapore.
Origins stats.jpg
Origins stats.jpg (96.94 KiB) Viewed 2640 times

Still awaiting that invite for the lecture tour......... :? :lol:

Rik
------------------------

GTB
Driver
Driver

Post by GTB » Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:49 pm

ge_rik wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:55 am Once more, the overwhelming number of readers are from Singapore.
There's a song called 'City of Dreamers'................ 8)

Singapore is like a chinese city, wall to wall hi-rise apartment buildings. Not many green bits and the only flat bit is the airport as far as I could tell.

The readers are probably expat poms, day dreaming of returning home to that wet rock off the French coast and building the garden railway of their dreams.

On the basis figures can lie and liars can figure....

The population density of Singapore is 8592 people per sq. km. ie. on average they have 116 sq. m each to live and work in. Garden railways? I doubt it, maybe a few balcony railways.

By comparison, here in 'Marvellous Melbourne', the average inhabitant gets 2000 sq. m. This is where figures can lie. That average figure includes the very low density urban fringe that I call home. The inner city inhabitants get 30 sq. m. each and live in each others pockets, especially during the day, which is why I avoid the place like the plague.

Graeme