Edrig on the Woodrow

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
tmuir
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by tmuir » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:11 pm

All is forgiven. It is easy to misunderstand text on the internet, without the speech its easy to understand when someone is being sarcastic but not so with text.

I'm very pleased with my Edrig although as time and money becomes available it will be getting some mods and hopefully RC.

Its not as strong a performer as my roundhouse Lady Anne, but then it only cost 1/3 of my Lady Anne so you expect that.
Its definitely a great loco to get if you are on a budget.

My second vid is on youtube being processed, this one is of Torak once it is up Pauly can post it here.

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:40 pm

tmuir wrote:It's not as strong a performer as my Roundhouse Lady Anne, but then it only cost 1/3 of my Lady Anne so you expect that.
Don't forget that the Edrig will improve as it gets run in - it didn't come "ready run in" like your Lady Anne.
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

tmuir
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by tmuir » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:52 am

MDLR wrote:
tmuir wrote:It's not as strong a performer as my Roundhouse Lady Anne, but then it only cost 1/3 of my Lady Anne so you expect that.
Don't forget that the Edrig will improve as it gets run in - it didn't come "ready run in" like your Lady Anne.
Neither did my Lady Anne.
It was bought as a kit in stages and exported to Australia so I could avoid paying VAT and GST on it.

As I assembled it I have no issues if I ever need to strip it down to do some work on it.
I still probably has less than 3 hours run time on it too so it is still been run in.
But as I said its unfare to compare the two as they are in completely different price brackets.
But yes the Edrig will improve and is great value for money although soon you won't be able to get a new Edrig.
I hope its replacement stays around the same price.