Page 1 of 1

MDLR in RM

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:31 pm
by SLRmidge
Well done Brian for a nice article of the MDLR in the latest Railway Modeller. :D

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:59 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
In railway modeller? I must huury up and get this issue!!

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:26 pm
by laalratty
I brought the issue as reading material whislt in Wales, 'tis a good article MDLR, and lots of nice pics. Hopefully should inspire some indoor modellers to think about moving outdoors, just like I did :D

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:22 pm
by LMS-Jools
Well dun that man and can I borrow your railway modeller please Christopher. :lol:

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:28 pm
by laalratty
LMS-Jools wrote: and can I borrow your railway modeller please Christopher.  :lol:
I daresay that you can :P

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:30 pm
by LMS-Jools
Huwwah and Ta Very Muchly ;) 8) lol

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:33 pm
by laalratty
just let me finish reading it first :lol: I din't get much spare time in Aberystwyth (i've decided pics to come tommorow, i've not got time to do it now, there are pics from the Vale of Rheidol, Welsh Highland and Ffestiniog)

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:23 pm
by SLRmidge
Looking forward to the pics & borrowing your mag also as only managed to scan article in Booths....... :D

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:34 pm
by bungle80a
SLRmidge wrote:Looking forward to the pics & borrowing your mag also as only managed to scan article in Booths....... :D
Sounds illegal!

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:51 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
The articel is really good! Nice to see a garden railway A. in railway modeller and B. On railway of the month! It should definately be a good pull for people from indoor to the great out doors!

RM

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:43 am
by New Haven Neil
Do they still do a garden railways issue every August? They used to (when I was but a lad), but I haven't bought RM for years. Must go into W H Smug's and have a look ;)

I still have the ones with the Jack Wheldon articles....eee, them were't days....... :sleepy2:

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:49 am
by laalratty
This was the first time I'd brought Railway Modeller in 3 years, and it is the August edition so I think it is still left over for garden railways to a large extent. The last couple of years I think there hasn't been much 16mm content in the August Edition, whislt this time there are 2 articles

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:18 am
by Hancockshire
Fab article. not many garden railways are railway of the month. Sad I can't build a garden railway because I live with Victor Meldrew.

The other garden railway article is too basic for my liking. they've just used tracklaying techniques that I wouldn't use.