Peckforton Light Railway - Video Library

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Peckforton Light Railway - Video Library

Post by ge_rik » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:16 am

Thanks chaps. I do worry that my "Extracts" videos might be a bit samey, but your feedback seems to suggest they still retain your interest.
Working my way through Part 2 - edited the footage just adding the commentary. Where's Bill Nighy when you need him ........ :? :lol:

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:59 pm

I've beaten you to it this time Rik. Your part 2 video has appeared on YouTube before you announced it, and is another superb example of your mastery at filming and narrating the Peckforton story. I think this is superb and shows your scenic work off brilliantly. I particularly like the castle walls being overtaken by plant growth. You have obviously grown a third hand too, most impressive.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

drewzero1
Administrator
Administrator

Post by drewzero1 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:31 am

I enjoyed the first part thoroughly, not realizing that a part 2 was coming hot on its heels!

gregh
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by gregh » Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:16 am

The PLR must be the busiest light railway in Britain. I need to buy shares - they must be skyrocketing.

Good one again Rik.
Greg from downunder.
The Sandstone & Termite's website: https://members.optusnet.com.au/satr/satr.htm

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:51 pm

Peter Butler wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:59 pm I've beaten you to it this time Rik. Your part 2 video has appeared on YouTube before you announced it, and is another superb example of your mastery at filming and narrating the Peckforton story. I think this is superb and shows your scenic work off brilliantly. I particularly like the castle walls being overtaken by plant growth. You have obviously grown a third hand too, most impressive.
Thanks Peter. A third hand would certainly be 'handy'
Here's the link to Part 2 btw

Rik
------------------------

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:13 pm

The History of The PLR Part 7 - charting progress through 2023

I hope you enjoy

Rik
------------------------

dudeface
Fireman
Fireman

Post by dudeface » Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:36 pm

Don't worry about the rain if you want realistic running! :lol:
https://m.youtube.com/@Dudeface167
Miles-- Trains are fun. With the exception of track power. Argh!

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:30 am

Brilliant video Rik again. Have you a file on that chassis you made with the big motor and more details on it, or is there a separate thread. Lost touch has you know mate, but I am slowly getting back to normal now, still having to pace myself though.

1,000,000 Blog viewers Rik, that's awesome. I have noticed on Google that you come up on the first page of some searches that I put in for various things. Thats another achievement that's worthy of praise for someone who has helped many thousands of people, including me and I am so grateful for it :salute:

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:45 am

FWLR wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:30 am Brilliant video Rik again. Have you a file on that chassis you made with the big motor and more details on it, or is there a separate thread. Lost touch has you know mate, but I am slowly getting back to normal now, still having to pace myself though.

1,000,000 Blog viewers Rik, that's awesome. I have noticed on Google that you come up on the first page of some searches that I put in for various things. Thats another achievement that's worthy of praise for someone who has helped many thousands of people, including me and I am so grateful for it :salute:
Thanks Rod
No, I've not uploaded the files for the two motor blocks. I'll tidy them up and post them sometime soon.
They were ( and still are) experimental. I'm hoping to produce a compromise block which I hope will combine the best from both designs.

Rik
------------------------

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:10 am

Another super video Rik. There are so many different ways of enjoying and sharing our hobby, you inspire us all.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

drewzero1
Administrator
Administrator

Post by drewzero1 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:40 pm

Rod, there was a discussion about the motor block here: https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 54&t=14285

I think that might have been the video and discussion that finally got me to join the forum!

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:46 pm

FWLR wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:30 am Have you a file on that chassis you made with the big motor and more details on it, or is there a separate thread.
Hi Rod
I've uploaded the files for both motor blocks to the 3D files section. However, they are 45mm gauge. I can't reduce the gauge to 32mm as there isn't enough space for the wheels and bevel gears. I'll have to completely redesign the blocks to re-gauge them - I'm not sure if it's possible unless I change the gears and wheels.

If anyone else fancies a go, I am willing to send them links to the Tinkercad files.

Rik
------------------------

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:15 am

Thanks Rik. I will have a look at it, maybe I could utilise a different motor. No harm in printing it off with 32mm in mind. I just need to reduce the end buffers don't I.. :thumbright:

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:21 am

drewzero1 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:40 pm Rod, there was a discussion about the motor block here: https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 54&t=14285

I think that might have been the video and discussion that finally got me to join the forum!
Yes I have seen that Drew before, thank you for reminding me. I will take a browse at it later. :thumbright:

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Fri May 10, 2024 9:57 pm

My latest offering

Rik
PS - A bumblebee gate-crashed my last video - I wonder who will be first to spot the photo-bomber in this one...
------------------------

GAP
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by GAP » Fri May 10, 2024 10:20 pm

ge_rik wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:57 pm My latest offering

Rik
PS - A bumblebee gate-crashed my last video - I wonder who will be first to spot the photo-bomber in this one...
Is that a wasp hitching a ride @11:34?
Additionally I think the boot @9:13 may need a bit of a clean as its looking a bit grotty.
Graeme
From the home of the Ringbalin Light Railway
https://ringbalin-light-railway.blogspo ... -page.html

gregh
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by gregh » Fri May 10, 2024 11:08 pm

Most enjoyable as usual. I do like the wagons of all different heights and widths.

One suggestion - maybe a short overhead view of the wagons from your overbridge would show the wagons wandering along too.
Greg from downunder.
The Sandstone & Termite's website: https://members.optusnet.com.au/satr/satr.htm

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Sat May 11, 2024 6:13 am

Great video Rik, the hitchhiker landed perfectly didn't it. Although I would have ran away myself :lol :lol

Great to have some sunshine at last too hey, hopefully we can all start to send more videos in now and get to enjoy running our stock again. :thumbright:

sjrixon
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by sjrixon » Sat May 11, 2024 8:42 am

Enjoyable as ever. I love how active and busy your line is, something that on your own I think would be really hard to recreate with live steam. During a filming session you must have great fun setting the camera and then flipping between the controllers to get the correct loco. I've enough trouble flipping between the connections with Loco remote in the one device!

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Sat May 11, 2024 8:59 am

GAP wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:20 pm Is that a wasp hitching a ride @11:34?
Additionally, I think the boot @9:13 may need a bit of a clean as it's looking a bit grotty.
Well spotted! Yes indeed. I think the wasp was attracted by the orange colour of the wood. I believe they chew the wood to make the material for their nests.

I did wonder whether to crop the video to remove the toe of my shoe - it's a gardening crock(?) so never does get cleaned.

There was another intrusion in one of the shots and two continuity errors which I've now spotted - but I think only the eagle eyed will get those..... :lol:

Rik
------------------------