Comedy.

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
Spule 4
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Spule 4 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:20 pm

CCairns wrote:Garrett, I do not understand why 'Allo Allo' DVDs should be released first for the American market, when it failed the first time round.

Series 5 was originally commissioned with a view to syndicating the show in America (which is why it is 26 episodes), however the attempts to air the show in America failed.

Series 6 & 7 DVDs are due to be released in the UK next month, so I've got something to look forward to. I just loaded my video-taped 'The Return of 'Allo Allo'' special onto my new DVD recorder to make it into DVD. This was a special aired in front of a studio audience last year in the UK which featured those actors/actresses that still survive, and was in the theme of Rene's memoirs. I wonder if that was aired in the USA?
Allo Allo has not been on (what I have seen) US TV for well over 20 years, excluding a brief stint around 1991/2. It does have a bit of a cult following here tho, so that is why it is sold here.
Garrett

"Some say that Mamods have problems.  Whatever. I view them as opportunities for improvement."

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:51 am

Well I was looking forward to the release of 'Allo 'Allo Series 6 & 7 tomorrow, but it now looks like it has been delayed until 05 May 2008.

Very annoying when it is already available in Region 1 areas. Not very 'British', particularly when Series 8 is due to be released on 06 May 2008 in Region 1 areas.

(edit) And just checking ebay UK, I see that up to Series 9 has been released in Region 2, well at least in Poland.

What is going on with our marketing?

Spule 4
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Spule 4 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:31 am

CCairns wrote:Well I was looking forward to the release of 'Allo 'Allo Series 6 & 7 tomorrow, but it now looks like it has been delayed until 05 May 2008.

Very annoying when it is already available in Region 1 areas. Not very 'British', particularly when Series 8 is due to be released on 06 May 2008 in Region 1 areas.

(edit) And just checking ebay UK, I see that up to Series 9 has been released in Region 2, well at least in Poland.

What is going on with our marketing?
Srange indeed. Next week here we get seasons 3 and 4 of One Foot in the Grave....

Garrett

"Some say that Mamods have problems.  Whatever. I view them as opportunities for improvement."

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Sat May 31, 2008 11:02 am

The UK release of 'Allo 'Allo Series 6 & 7 has now been delayed until 14 July 2008.

Not impressed as it is available in Region 1, and in fact the whole series is available in Region 2 in Poland.

Not very 'British' at all!

And I've just finished Rene's Diaries Volume 2, which I got off ebay cheap.

Need more input.

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Sat May 31, 2008 2:50 pm

its available here in Aus mate :D

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Sat May 31, 2008 3:53 pm

That's what really annoys me.

Whilst I can understand that 'The Simpsons' is slowly released worldwide, why should a UK series which was not popular in the USA be released there first, and all the other countries, but miss out its loyal UK supporters.

With the way the world economy is going these delays will ultimately end up costing more money if they still intend on releasing the whole series.

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:39 am

Even more annoyed.

The UK release of Allo Allo Series 6 & 7 has now been further delayed until 18 August 2008.

At this rate they will have the whole series in Germany (where it's original release was banned for obvious reasons) before the loyal UK fans can get a hold of the official UK releases.

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:40 pm

After an extended wait, the UK release of 'Allo Allo' Seasons 6 & 7 finally happened on 18th August 2008.

Whilst my preferred supermarket Tesco did not stock it (Aberdeen branch is conveniently located between my flat & work), I had to buy it at Asda. I could have got it slightly cheaper online, but would have probably needed to wait for my next return from Aberdeen before I could collect it. At least this way I can now take it with me next Wednesday to watch in Aberdeen.

So how long to wait for the next UK release?!?

made-in-england
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by made-in-england » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:00 pm

Missed this so heres a list

Mock the week
Monty Python
Fawlty towers
Dads Army
Only Fools and Horses
have i got news for you
never mind the buscocks
Friends
sunday Night project
8 out of 10 cats
Harry enfield and chums
cant think of any more!

Favourite Stand up comics
Bill Bailey
Peter Kay
Lee evans
Billy Connolly
Micheal Mcintyre
Jimmy Carr
Passengers are reminded not to tease the engines

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:36 pm

Al Murray is doing a show near me around the same time as my birthday, so I'm happy :) .

riveresk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by riveresk » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:07 pm

A lot of stand up comics come to Aberystwyth throughout the year. We've had Lee Evans, Andy Parsons, Jimmy Carr and Ardal O Hanlan among others.
'Oliver's no use at all, thinks he's very clever. Says that he can manage us, that's the best joke ever. When he orders us about, with the greatest folly. We just push him down the well. Pop goes old Olly!'