Does anyone have any experience with JigStones?

A place for discussing garden railway scenery, such as buildings, trees, etc....
bungle80a
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Does anyone have any experience with JigStones?

Post by bungle80a » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:32 pm

Hey forum members, how are we all doing??

I am wondering if anyone has any experience of using the JigStones moulding technique for building, well, erm, buildings!?! LOL!

I've been toying with the idea of investing in a set of the welsh slate style moulds for a little while and am wondering how easy/difficult they are to use?
Bungle80a

"Who has stolen the 3 link coupling off the end of my train?!?!

.....[a few minutes pass hunting down replacements].....

"So, which comedian has uncoupled my entire train?!?!"

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:58 pm

They're not difficult to use - just time consuming! You need to "drop" the moulds when you've filled them with liquid concrete, to get the air bubbles out and it's best to cast a LOT of blocks before starting, so you've got some stock to go at. It's also a good idea to build your walls face downwards so all the blocks come out flush - it stands out like a sore thumb if one's set back or forward from the rest.

Oddly enough, I'm selling my Jigstones moulds (including doors and roofs and platform edging) and was going to put 'em in Member to Member Sales - if you're interested, send me a private message or email me at: brian.dominic@tiscali.co.uk

There are a good lot of cast blocks to start you off included in the sale, as well as the instruction leaflets..........
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html