Butterley

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
River Lin
Fireman
Fireman

Butterley

Post by River Lin » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:25 am

Hi all.
Driving back from Doncaster tomorrow pm nudge nudge. Never been to Butterley and I notice they have a Static Day on their timetable. Will there be enough to see to support a detour from the M1. Will a cafe also be open?
David.
David T.

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Re: Butterley

Post by MDLR » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:52 pm

River Lin:123232 wrote:Hi all.
Driving back from Doncaster tomorrow pm nudge nudge. Never been to Butterley and I notice they have a Static Day on their timetable. Will there be enough to see to support a detour from the M1?
God, yes! To see all the worthwhile stuff you'd be better going to the main site at Swanwick Junction https://www.google.com/maps/@53.0621046 ... a=!3m1!1e3
approaching it from the Coach Road by the caravan park (off the bottom right hand corner of the picture above - don't know why it won't appear as a url but if you cut and paste it, it'll work). Otherwise it's about 3/4 of a mile's walk along the top of the cutting side from Butterley - NOT reccomended at this time of year!
Will a cafe also be open?
No - but if you want to run on the garden railway at Butterley I'll be happy to unlock it for you and brew a hot drink or two, (Incidentally, this applies to ANY Forum member who wants to drop in).
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

River Lin
Fireman
Fireman

Post by River Lin » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:18 pm

Hi Brian.
Thanks for the offer but we will be driving up to doncaster to visit Roundhouse and then finding a bit of lunch before driving back downduring the pm so cannot guarantee any timings. We were just looking for somewhere to stop off for a coffee if we had time but thanks again. If it is ok I might pm you for a visit in the near future. We are members of the Northamptonshire group and have spoken to you before at Martin Smith's line.
David.
David T.

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:43 pm

No problem!
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

dizzysteamer
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by dizzysteamer » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:20 pm

Hi Brian
After the show we spent a day there and travelled up to the main area, very impressive site indeed I was hoping to see somebody there as we were very eager to run our new purchase but never mind we had a look around and will be back later this year.
I took the opportunity to drop my little mss engine on the track for a photo whilst there.
I did try to say Hi to you at the show but you seemed to have a lot of attention at the time .
Looking for word to next years show now.
Caption could read ( All the way from Cornwall and nobody is home)

We have nothing like this back home If we where closer we would be volunteers for sure :D

Steph
Amateur engineer,  frustrated would be locomotive driver😊

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:20 pm

Yes - that was rather a stressful day!

We'll have to try again........................
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html