Page 1 of 1
Help me find what I only think I saw
Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:55 pm
by andymctractor
I can't find a product I think I saw on a garden railway retailer website. I have been enjoying myself looking through the various accessories and parts available on websites related to traders listed on the Ass. website who are coming to the National Show at P.boro.
I seem to recollect a cast 16mm/ft or G scale block and tackle accessory but I can't find it again. Has anyone an idea as to where I may have seen it, OR have I gone to bed with a massive wish list in my head and I've dreamed one up?
A bit sad really, I know.

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:47 pm
by jim@NAL
il keep my eye out
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:51 am
by LNR
Probably not the sites you were looking at Andy, but the model boat suppliers certainly have working/non working blocks and cordage if that helps.
Grant.
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:57 am
by sstjc
You could try
http://www.trenarrenmodels.co.uk/catalogue.html
They do a Garage set which I suppose could include something like that.... Worth an email to them.
I also have these disturbing X rated adult dreams. Perhaps a psycological assessment may help ?
Barry
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:11 pm
by Chris Cairns
Model Earth does a Chain Hoist, but it is neither 16mm scale nor G scale.
http://modelearth.net/general%20catalog ... %2013.html
Chris Cairns
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:51 pm
by andymctractor
LNR:123025 wrote:Probably not the sites you were looking at Andy, but the model boat suppliers certainly have working/non working blocks and cordage if that helps.
Grant.
I have got some left over after improving a boat I bought on e bay but do you think I can find them?
Thanks for the suggestion.
Take a look at my reply to Chris Cairns.
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:01 pm
by andymctractor
sstjc:123026 wrote:
I also have these disturbing X rated adult dreams. Perhaps a psycological assessment may help ?
Its a bit sad when the subject of my fantasies nowadays are garden railway accessories. I might find it difficult to get a psychologist with specific experience.

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:09 pm
by andymctractor
Chris Cairns:123037 wrote:Model Earth does a Chain Hoist, but it is neither 16mm scale nor G scale.
Hi Chris, yet again you have come to the rescue. That is the one. I think it may be 7/8 scale but I have e-mailed them for dimensions of the model.
I've just built a resin goods shed and wanted a contraption to hang from a high girder that looked like it could assist unloading railway wagons. If it is not too large that ME chain hoist will be perfect assuming I can get it to look half as good as in the catalogue.
Thanks
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:30 pm
by LNR
Andy wrote,
but do you think I can find them?
Of course you will find them after you have bought a replacement, if my experience is anything to go by.
Don't know if it's any help but I made this simple representation of a chainblock from steel scrap, a wheel and two sizes of chain. I can take a close up if required.
Grant.
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:09 pm
by philipy
Dress making press studs come in a variety of sizes and can make a reasonable approximation of a chain wheel if not seen in too much detail.
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:16 pm
by andymctractor
I've checked with Model Earth and the chain hoist on their website is 1:12 so would be far too large and they are out of stock anyway.
I will have to put something together using some bits and bobs. Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:35 pm
by Peter L
I seem to recall Ozark Miniatures having one on offer
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:21 pm
by andymctractor
Peter L:123067 wrote:I seem to recall Ozark Miniatures having one on offer
Can't find one on their website but i am impressed with what they have available. Could be a bit pricey at the moment with postage and the exchange rate.
Thanks for the info.
