Another one Bites the dust..

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
made-in-england
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Another one Bites the dust..

Post by made-in-england » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:20 pm

Im Off,

Im fed up with the selfish attitude this forum and its Admin have towards mamods and 16mm on the cheap. The Header reads "Any scale, any gauge" from the start I could see this was not true, people joining as OO and HO garden moddlers being hounded as they whernt large scale.

This forum is a Joke, without the arguing as we have seen the past few months nothing happens on the boards!

I know im one of a few leaving because of the shoddy way this forum is governed.

Hope to catch up with some of you somwhere else. And hapy Garden rail-roading.

Will.

Please would admin and mod delete my account and user details.
Passengers are reminded not to tease the engines

MTA

Post by MTA » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:34 pm

My sentiments exactly.

Bye all.

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:44 pm

Eh, I think you'll find that there is a mix of people on here some of whom do it on the cheap and some who spend a little more. I had not realised that an Admin lost the right to voicing an opinion, anyhow I haven't commented on mamods on here for several months.

From memory there is one 00 gauge modeller who has posted about their modelling and he has not been "hounded" about not being a larger scale, I find 00 in the garden a very interesting subject, which is why I gave the forum it's header.

But if that's the way you feel then I hope you enjoy your Garden modelling.

MuzTrem
Driver
Driver

Post by MuzTrem » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:46 pm

What?!

I haven't seen any evidence of 00/HO modellers being "hounded". Yes, there's been some dispute over Mamods but I think the creation of a dedicated Mamod forum was a pretty clear indication that the Admins welcome Mamod-related discussion. And "16mm on the cheap" - personally I think that's when the hobby is at its most creative.

And yes, the forums have been a little quiet these last few months. Wait 'till the weather warms up and people are back in their gardens and then I think we'll see a little more activity. I've posted on several forums over the years and sometimes they do go a bit quiet. That's life. Forums are not an on-tap 24/7 entertainment system, they're a forum for discussion (hence the name), and there's no point talking if you don't have anything useful to say at that moment.

Perhaps some members haven't been as tolerant as they should be - that's life - but personally I think you are both overreacting and being very unfair to the Admins who have tried to make a positive contribution to the hobby.

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:55 pm

I'm also slightly confused by this, we had MHLR leave because there was too much discussion about mamods, and now members leave due to a suposed sneering atitude to mamods. They've got their own forum, and the only reason I don't contribute to them much is that I don't own one and often don't know what is being meant! And as for selfish altitude towards low cost 16mm, I don't get where that is comming from at all, I'm on a tight budget which is why a lot of my stock is scratchbuilt, and why I put my experiances on here.
My guess is your mind cannot be swinged back, so I will say bye to both of you, and maybe speak to Si on the e-group
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

DLRdan
Driver
Driver

Post by DLRdan » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:09 pm

This will be my only reply on this subject

"MHLR didn't leave because there was too much discussion about Mamods, it was because he was being hounded for his opinion on them by certain members so he left on his own will due to this".
Dan,

James: "Dan, can you use your hearing and tell me if that trains coming ?"
DLR
www.freewebs.com/dlrail

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:08 am

I'm going to back the guys up on this one. One, I'm pretty sure that every time that we get a new member who models in 00 or H0 gauge, we welcome them and offer encouragement. Second, the whole idea of garden railways is to do it as cheaply as possible, so if we are sneering at cheap garden railways, then we are sneering at ourselves, which is stupid. Finally, true we've had a bit of heated debate over Mamods, but that's what forums are for, debating!

Anyway, to those who are considoring leaving the forum, and who can't be persuaded to stay, I hope you do well with your hobby in the future.
Garden Railways-best hobby in the world.

Chris
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Chris » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:26 pm

A real shame, I need you guys to help me fight the mamod corner! It will be a real shame if this turns into an Edrig only board.

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:07 pm

Chris wrote:It will be a real shame if this turns into an Edrig only board.
I can assure you it won't :) .

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:11 pm

Im sorry to to hear you feel this way and you will be a sad loss to the forum.
I only own mamods and have never felt hounded

grumpfuttock
Fireman
Fireman

Post by grumpfuttock » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:38 am

I too, am sorry to see you guys go. I wish you well. I cannot comment on the "hounding" accusation as I haven't read all the threads here recently and must have missed it. I take a look in every few days.

I am registered in 2 other garden railway forums, but I have always felt more at home here than anywhere else, and have felt that there was a general friendly and tolerant attitude amongst the members of this forum.
John.

"I am not an armchair modeller, I have a garden railway, so I am a deckchair modeller."

http://www.tumblydowncottage.dk

LMS-Jools
Driver
Driver

Post by LMS-Jools » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:07 am

Well I have posted about my JAMOD and my MAMOD I wud post about that too after all they are garden railway steam engines and some of the models made from them that I have seen are more in scale to 16mm narrow gauge and more nicely detailed than many a Roundhouse or Accucraft engine.

Long live the Mamod.

:twisted:  :lol:  ;)  8)  8)  8)