Coopercraft

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
JMORG
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Coopercraft

Post by JMORG » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:17 pm

Has anyone heard any news from Coopercraft? They've had that "machine issue" sign up on the website for ages now...

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:13 pm

I rang them a couple of days ago to ask about slate wagons. I got quite a curtain reply that basically said they have no running gear left and no idea when it will be available.  
Bit of a nuisance as I wanted to buy a load

JMORG
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by JMORG » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:34 pm

There are a few people in the Gloucester group that want more; the slaters ones are beautiful but expensive when you want 10+ waggons...

SimonWood
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by SimonWood » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:00 pm

I'd love some more Coopercraft slate wagons, only got one, but have more or less given up hope at this point...
Rheilffordd Moel Rhos: blog - photos - videos

Dannypenguin
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Dannypenguin » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:04 pm

We've been in contact with them recently in regard to stocking their items, and the machine issue is indeed ongoing. :?
Dan

Visit the PFLR website - http://poultonfarmlightrailway.webs.com/
Dean Forest Railway Society website - http://dfrsociety.org/

JMORG
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by JMORG » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:27 pm

Judging by the apparent number of products/ranges affected by this issue; a fair amount of revenue is being lost here?
Surely from a purely economic point of view it is a no brainer to resolve this issue; I cannot believe that there is insufficient demand for them...

MikeD
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by MikeD » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:02 pm

The last slate wagons I had from them (bought direct, 3 years ago) the wheels and coupling hooks were completely unusable. I ended up using Binnie ones instead. The bodies were fine, so they still worked out cheaper than anything comparable, but previous ones had been perfectly OK

Mike D

ikcdab
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by ikcdab » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:20 pm

MikeD:120568 wrote:The last slate wagons I had from them (bought direct, 3 years ago) the wheels and coupling hooks were completely unusable. I ended up using Binnie ones instead. The bodies were fine, so they still worked out cheaper than anything comparable, but previous ones had been perfectly OK

Mike D
I agree with this. I bought 3 of the quarry wagons. Bodies were great but tge c wheels were totally full of flash and took ages to file out. I wouldn't buy anymore.