LNR Visit

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
GTB
Driver
Driver

LNR Visit

Post by GTB » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:16 pm

As some may have figure out by now, Grant (LNR) and I know each other.......

The weather here was reasonable for running trains, so the TVT bogie goods stock was given it's first run on the LNR.

Quite what a 3' gauge TVT train is doing on the 2'6" LNR has never been established, plus they are 100 odd miles apart as the crow flies and the only connection is the 5'3" VR Gippsland main line.

Bogong had no problem handling seven bogie wagons around the track. It would probably handle more, but that is about the train length limit for the passing loops on the LNR. The run was smooth and trouble free as always, as Grant pays close attention to track laying and maintenance.

Here is Bogong passing through no. 1 road at Nayook as it drifts down grade with a through goods.

This pic. is from an earlier visit and shows the Timber Co's. Hunslet trundling a load of cut timber across a trestle bridge somewhere in Gippsland.

As I've said before, I don't own a movie camera. My stills camera is getting old and only does low res movies, plus I have zero interest in joining youtube.....

Anyway, these two links are low res movies of Bogong running the through goods on this visit and one of Tambo on an earlier visit running the weekly 'Omeo Express'.

www.members.optusnet.com.au/graemetbrown/LNR.m4v
www.members.optusnet.com.au/graemetbrown/Tambo.m4v

They run OK on the Mac when downloaded, but I've no way to test if they'll run on a PC.

Regards,
Graeme

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:04 am

Really like that picture of the Hunslet - very atmospheric.

The videos run fine on a PC (Media Player).

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube